Trying to get caught up.......July 6,2018

Sorry guys, I've gotten WAY behind on posting my pictures and putting in a fishing report. I haven't gotten to fish much this year. Too much family stuff going on and working on home projects......I have only been four times since our camping trip way back in April. I hope you guys are getting to go more than I am....Anyway, here is a brief run down. First we couldn't get the water warmed up but when it finally started, it ran off and left me. I went to Stockton with Gary on 5/17 and with Paul on 5/22. Then I took the wife on 6/7. Then I went to Bull Shoals with my buddy Ron to put some break in hours on that big Mercury we rebuilt. We made a few casts and caught a handful of fish but we went there to run the boat.

We caught a real mixed bag on the 5/17 trip. We caught everything from 0-5' of water. Good day...

Last edited by luvdmymerc; 07-06-2018 at 12:56 PM.

On the 22nd...Paul and I did pretty good too.

It had been quite some time since the wife and I went together without any of the grandkids along. On 6/7 we didn't leave the house until after 3pm. We lucked out and got some high cloudiness that filtered the sun down for us a little bit. We put another 30 or 40 minutes of break in time on the motor and then settled down to fish. We noticed little pods of shad skittering about with an occasional bass blowing up on them. I put a skitter pop on for her and I started throwing my little super spook jr.......we had a ball.

On 6/14 Ron and I took his Ranger down to Theodosia on Bull Shoals. We put a good hour on the break in of his new power head then went fishing. We didn't start until about 3pm or so and planned to be back to Ozark by dark. We caught a few but nothing to brag about.

5. Member
    Great job! Thanks for posting again:)

Its been a busy spring. I hope to settle down to MORE FISHING soon.....

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinR83 View Post
    Great job! Thanks for posting again:)
    +1