Thread: UPS?

UPS?

Is it time for UPS to start going back up?

Fuel prices are lower and shipment levels high.

2. Member
    I haven't really looked at the stock but is it falling victim to the tariff worries? I think they do a lot of worldwide shipping and although the tarrifs shouldn't matter I think there was some discussion as to whether certain countries may "make things difficult" for them and Fed Ex. Could be pure hype and speculation which is what the news folks love to do. There also have been some headlines that oil was going to hit 150 a barrel in the near future. I don't see that but the headline is enough to cause people to worry about fuel prices. In other words, who knows, thats my most honest answer.

3. Member
    My FIL was a UPS salary employee and was heavily weighted in UPS stock when he retired last year...Those stock options over 30 years made him pretty wealthy...With that being said he is moving to more of a diverse portfolio and his biggest fear is what if a company like Amazon decided to start their own company and handle their own shipping...?? It could happen pretty easily...
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    AMZN is going to start using independent delivery services. Probably not a good thing for the long term at UPS.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    I knew UPS was likely to go up soon. Too many packages being sent right now.

Long-term Amazon may pull revenue away if they can sub their own shipping.

Just wish I would have actually bought some shares of UPS last week.