Question about NRX 852S JWR and lxs610mxf comparison

Hey guys , I was looking to purchase a used NRX 852s somewhere but can’t seem to find one, but I came across a deal on a lxs610mxf for $250, “haven’t purchased yet” First off that seems like a pretty good deal, is it? And second of all is that rod comparable to the NRX. I was looking for as close to an all purpose rod I could get l. I have a ci4+2500 and just wanted a nice setup so I didn’t have to drag a lot of poles around. Let me know if I guys have used either of these rods or both and what you’re opinions are, thank you.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I had (4) of the NRX 852S, loved them. It's a very versatile spinning rod. NRX get's my vote, I can't help you with the other rod...

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

3. Member
    The 852 is a very versatile stick that I would absolutely go with if I just wanted one spinning rig in the boat. I still use an older one with recoils. I have no experience with the St. Croix you mentioned, but that’s because I have been so pleased with the 852. I imagine the NRX version would be sick!

4. Member
    So if I wanted a "do it all" spinning rod either IMX, GLX, or NRX the 852 would be the one to go with? I'd be throwing Ned, shakeyhead, wacky Senkos, maybe split shot C-rigs and occasionally a dropsshot but I'm wanting to get more into dropshotting but not enough to buy a dedicated rig for it yet. I have a Falcon Lowrider 20 dropshot rig but not impressed by its flimsy tip. I have a 7' Falcon Cara that is my go to spinning rod but was thinking that maybe by the fall I want to get a high end outfit possibly Stella and GLX or NRX. At that kind of scratch I want it to be very versatile instead of technique specific for now.

5. Member
    Yes, sir, Chad. Mine is usually the only one I have in the boat for bass fishing. I haven’t tried the Ned rig yet, but I have thrown the other two lures you mention and also Texas rigs. If you can find the NRX, get it. If not the GLX won’t disappoint and there’s been several in the auction site lately.

6. Member
    I have both rods and the croix won’t miss a beat.

7. Member
    Second that.

Quote Originally Posted by Srt1010 View Post
    I have both rods and the croix won’t miss a beat.
    -Matt

8. Member
    No question the NRX 852 is the superior rod and very versatile for a spinning rod. Get with the boys at the TackleTrap on the Loomis rod and call it a day.