Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Considering X21 for next bass boat.

Looking to get into a new bass boat, coming out of a glass boat but seriously considering a X21. Any thoughts / pros/cons?
    I will more than likely go with a 250hp, power poles, ultrex, 3 graphs, dual console and seadeck.
    Looking for all around reviews and experiences with boat, trailer and overall customer service from manufacturer.

Johnny
    Johnny
    "Short Brown & Round"

Sun Tropic Outdoors & Shooting Team

2. Joe4d
    There is a thread on Seadeck,, I decided against it, doesn tlook very durable, and the standard finnish is decent, Id say standard deck or carpet...
    4 more truck payments for me, but dialing in what I want to order this fall.
    Last edited by Joe4d; 07-10-2018 at 07:42 AM.

3. Member
    Sounds like a very nice rig setup like you describe.

A check of the Xpress/Yamaha performance bulletins should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect from this combo.

You should have plenty of deck space for two fishermen on the front deck.

Everything considered, a great choice.

4. Member
    I can’t for the life of me understand why pppl get carpet in a bass boat. The seadeck is nice, can power wash it to clean it. The standard finish cleans up very nice and is he easiest to maintain. The boats fish well. Sounds like you have a good base going for what ya want. You won’t be disappointed.
    2017 x19 175 sho

I sent you a pm

6. Member
    Just trying to get an overall opinion on the X21. The good, bad and ugly.

JC
    Johnny
    "Short Brown & Round"

7. Member
    I will guarantee the back 2 compartsments will leak. Why xpress hasn’t addressed it yet is unknown. The carpet needs to to be pulled up and the corners need to be sealed up tight. All of my other compartments are dry but the back 2 are always wet after a rain. That’s one of the only downsides to the boat.
    2017 x19 175 sho

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhuntercoop View Post
    I will guarantee the back 2 compartsments will leak. Why xpress hasn’t addressed it yet is unknown. The carpet needs to to be pulled up and the corners need to be sealed up tight. All of my other compartments are dry but the back 2 are always wet after a rain. That’s one of the only downsides to the boat.
    Bowhuntercoop is correct, some compartments do leak. Certainly know what you are ordering cause these models have new options and features that the dealers aren't familiar with. After I got my boat, i did call the factory with a trailer question, and got a live person on the phone (Alex). He walked back to the factory floor and spoke with a gentleman who assembled the trailers, and got an answer directly from the man who knows. That was impressive! Before I bought the boat, I emailed Xpress with a question and never heard back, so who knows.

As for the Seadek, after 1 month, I'd say I like it. I hope it holds up over time since it is expensive. Mine is taking on water while i'm fishing, not a lot, but enough to be aggravating. Dealer has sealed a few fittings that pass through the hull, but I think it is the not perfectly round drain hole. He is going to put a fixed drain plug in it like a fiberglass boat. Hopefully that works.

All in all, the boat rides good, trailers just like a fiberglass when loading, and pulls a lot better than my 20' fiberglass did. I got a dual axle trailer like you would get with an X21. Just make sure that you add the break away tongue on to the upgraded trailer package if that is something you want. I assumed that I would get it with a trailer that had dual axles with brakes, nice rims, a spare tire, LED lights and ratchet tie downs, but it doesn't unless you order it.

Good Luck!
    2018 X19 Pro
    2018 Mercury 150 ProXS
    10" Hydraulic Atlas
    Helix 9 SI
    Helix 7
    Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

9. Member
    Always had glass then went to X21 with Merc 250. Boat was nice and road really well until I added talons. Then the propoising was awful. Factory said the weld bead on transom/hull intersection was not built up right at factory but elected to not send back due to hassle. While the compartments are not dry you can put everything in containers and solve that. I took out the rod organizer and that works better for rod storage. The boat does catch a ton of wind when fishing and takes a lot more trolling motor to stay on course. Trailers are awful especially the swing away tongue. Lots of up and down bounce on tongue and I had bolts come loose on the suspension. Had mine less than a year and went back to glass. Really wanted the X21 to work for me.

I'm currently setting up an X21 with a 250 sho for a friend of mine. The boat rides and handles great (with the right prop). This one has the ipilot troller with one power pole on the back. So far the best speed I've seen is 72-73 with my 27p scorpion prop. This boat definitely needs a good 4 blade. It had a bad porpoise with the Tempest and Powertech prop. With the 4 blade an experienced driver can power through the porpoise but Im thinking a flared barrel Bravo1 will eliminate it all together. This front deck is YUGE! I had a 21ft Bullet and this deck is much bigger than the Bullet. Rear compartment still leaks even with the lip. I saw water also dripping in from the latch itself. All in all this is an awesome fishing platform aside from the small aggravating issues. Only other thing I don't like is the position of the gauges. Water pressure and RPM are to me the 2 most important gauges and they are blocked by the steering wheel. I would like to see them moved up higher on the console as to not have to look down while driving at speeds. Here are a couple pics.

Xpress X19/200SHO

11. Member
    Thanks for the input guys. I’ll be deciding in the next couple months. I’m not 100% on a X21 but it’s a very viable option. The attention to details, customer service and quality control are the big issues I’ll be addressing. It’s still a ton of money to be putting out for a toy!!
    Johnny
    "Short Brown & Round"

I have had my X21TS sense 2006 ordered the way wanted it. But had to fix a few problems along the way. Some wiring problems with conneneters, compartments do leak, different problems with trailer. But you are going to have problem with all makes of boats. Ranger and all of them. We had a buddy that had to replace both axles on his ranger trailer and some other problems with his boat. All are man made. We had our carpet replaced last fall and repaired some of the wiring I could not get before they took the boat all apart to replace the carpet. An we are about to replace in a few weeks the HPDI 250 with a new 2019 SHO 250

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

Sent you a pm kk4iz

my bad on PM I was thinking you were looking Motors for sale

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

15. Member
    Crap, Bobby don't post stuff like this. It just makes me want one. That sucker looks good. How long before it gets flashed?!! He has the right guy setting it up, that's for sure! CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Crap, Bobby don't post stuff like this. It just makes me want one. That sucker looks good. How long before it gets flashed?!! He has the right guy setting it up, that's for sure! CJ
    I know what you mean CJ. When he dropped it off at the house I was like....DAM.....I need a new Xpress! These new ones are freakin sweet!

I doubt he will flash this one. It was very hard for me NOT to pull my ECU off and put on this boat just for a couple test passes. I thought about it long and hard a FEW times.
    He prefers more to have it drive easily regardless of what speed it runs. After some tweaking this thing drives like a caddy at WOT!
    Xpress X19/200SHO

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bob View Post
    I know what you mean CJ. When he dropped it off at the house I was like....DAM.....I need a new Xpress! These new ones are freakin sweet!

I doubt he will flash this one. It was very hard for me NOT to pull my ECU off and put on this boat just for a couple test passes. I thought about it long and hard a FEW times.
    He prefers more to have it drive easily regardless of what speed it runs. After some tweaking this thing drives like a caddy at WOT!
    I couldn't have resisted that, may even help to break it in. I understand him not wanting to fuss with driving the boat. Mine is set up to about 68mph to where anyone can drive it. With that being said I am putting a 250ECU on my boat tomorrow and unhooking the rev limiter. I doubt I will try my three blade, I'll just run Marks 24xl. As I am old!! now speed is not as important as it once was. BUT it is still fun passing a 70k rig with a 200hp on the back, as you know! CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

18. Member
    I ran the 2019 X21 with s 250 sho on it. I was very impressed. They made so nice changes cosmeticly to the 2019’s. Very very nice boats.
    Johnny
    "Short Brown & Round"

19. Member
    Fish it in the wind before you buy it.

20. Member
    T-Bob,
    I see that there is a Power Pole Blade on that boat. Where is the pump mounted at? I'm a tech at an xpress dealer and we have yet to find the best place to mount pumps, so we have been just been putting talons on them. I'm also getting to close to getting me an X21 myself and want poles on it just don't know where to mount the pumps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast