Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dumb Stroker questions

I am looking at getting a Stroker. I only see one model. Are there multiple sizes? All I have seen is a dual console that appears to be 21 feet or possibly a little longer. Is this all Strokers? Can someone tell me the measurements of the decks? I am curious how much room I will gain coming from a 21 foot gambler.

All Strokers are the same size, the beam is 94 1/2in. If your coming from a 21ft Gambler the deck on a Stroker is obviously smaller. It fishes very well and has lots of room. It's a very stable fishing platform, and overall a very solid hull. If I was buying a Stroker I would try to find a 1999+ to have composite instead of wood. The biggest complaint I have about Strokers is the wiring, everything else is pretty decent. Only boat I will have is another Stroker!!
    2009 Stroker (Frankenstein)

3. Member
    I'm on my second Stroker, took to grand kids out today and put 22 white bass in the wells. Guess who got to clean them? I love mine, it's the best bass boat in NM. Lou posted the layout of the Stroker a few years back that showed all the compartments and such. Not sure where or how to find it.

4. Member
    Thanks for the information. How long are strokers? Are they 21 feet? My gambler has almost 1 foot of unusable boat in the rear transom extension. It is basically a 20 foot boat with a 12 inch jack plate built in. That is why I was curious.

5. Member
    Strokers are 21 ft from the tip to the back of the wings (as I call them). The wings extend about 12" beyond the transom so when you add the jack plate you end up being flush with the wings or beyond the wings depending on the plate. Some don't like the rod lockers as they have small lids but the boxes will hold a lot of rods if set up properly. Large front storage with large rear storage behind the seats. No console glove box but they do have a glove box between the driver and passenger seat. I run 3 large optimas, on board charger, off shore trim pump and a small tool box behind the passenger storage and 3 gal oil tank with 10 lb anchor and misc stuff behind the drivers rear storage. The gas tank is in the middle rear behind the livewell and storage boxes.

6. Member
    Thanks dean. I am hoping to get a chance to ride in one and walk around a bit to check stability. I had heard they ride rough and can't corner at speed. This was from a Bullet guy that looked into getting a Stroker about15 years ago.

7. Member
    I don't think either of those things are true.

8. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by long shot View Post
    Thanks dean. I am hoping to get a chance to ride in one and walk around a bit to check stability. I had heard they ride rough and can't corner at speed. This was from a Bullet guy that looked into getting a Stroker about15 years ago.

Obvious that person does not know much about Strokers and needs more seat time.
    LeaLea

9. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by long shot View Post
    Not sure if any boat will corner very well at 100mph.

10. Member
    I've run the White River in Batesville, no 90 degree turns but it's not a problem at 90+. Just need to watch the river current and engine water pressure. I don't do slalom courses just run and fish, usually slow down to mid 70's if making tight turns. Never been in a Bullet.

11. Member
    I figured it was a biased claim. All he has ever driven is a bullet. Some guys are like sports fans and their boat has to be better in every facet. Thanks for all of your help guys. I appreciate all of the information.

12. Member
    your only problem with a used one is finding one you like, unlike other boats theres not a big pool out there you can pick from, but there is a few for sale now and really sharp ones also.
    also if you could make the white river rally you can see all the strokers and get the most knowledge in one place you could ever get!!

13. Member
    A Stroker won't ride nearly as good as a 21 x bullet(21'10") and ride almost as good as a SS, and about the same as a 20. . They are far more stable than any Bullet while fishing. As far as cornering at speed that depends on the corner. High speed river running they are equal as they can get and totally depends on seat time. If you want to run really small creeks then my little Triton will walk off from my Stroker and my partners 21xrd/ 300xs.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

14. Member
    Never owned a bullet but if you want a boat that will fly and be real forgiving a Stroker is your boat and when the trolling motor drops I have never been in a boat that fishes as good as my Stroker not saying other boats are not good boats but I wanted something different I would try to find somebody to take you for a ride and fish out of it and you will be hooked

15. Member
    Long if you get out to NM, Elephant Butte is 150 miles south of Albq. I would be glad to let you crawl thru my Stroker, go for a ride, fish a little and probably drive it. I would think that there should be some closer to Austin, I guess that's still in TX.

16. Member
    theres a few in texas, rifles11 just got that green one awhile back he is from lake fork i think.

17. Member
    i also got the blue one from lousianna also , these are awsome boats, to fish out of also they are stupid fast , had hydrodynamics put 16 inchs set back the other day ran 95 no problem, got out of it, remembered i had not replaced tiller bolt yet and its 6 years old, its funny how your mind goes haywire at speed better safe than sorry, ive had many bullets , 2 allisons and now stroker this thing is super stable at speed , yes you have to drive it but it is very forgiving

18. Member
    I’m not far from Austin. I normally go to Fayette to fish

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker250xs View Post
    I’m not far from Austin. I normally go to Fayette to fish
    let me know some time and I will come out and hitch a ride with you. I really appreciate it! I hate to buy a boat that I have never ridden in or fished from. Give me about 30 minutes and I will get out of your hair. thanks again.

20. Member
    The first time I ever rode in a Stroker was the day I bought mine. That was over 7 years ago

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast