Thread: Shimano--iCast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Slx , has 3 bearings , kinda disappointing. That means there's only 1 bearing on the main shaft instead of 2. No cross cut carbon drag washers and no x-ship.
    I heard one rep talking this moring , he's was saying this will make the younger people just starting out fishing happy...so , maybe they were targeting the youtube celeb audience. who knows..

2. Member
    Daiwa has better offerings at that price point with more bearings and a lower profile. Just not sure about the Doyo though lol

3. Banned
    Maybe its 2 spool bearings and a Anti reverse? Makes sense given the price. Shimano was never a bearing number reel, unless you hit the flagships.

slx is 3+1

Quote Originally Posted by Real Pudd legend View Post
    Daiwa has better offerings at that price point with more bearings and a lower profile. Just not sure about the Doyo though lol
    Good news , they didn't discontinue the fuego ct or tatula ct , street price (ebay/amazon) on those are $60 and $89 shipped. (work horse reels imo)
    I did check out the doyo this morning at icast , it's really smooth ,just wondering how long it would stay that way..

5. Member
    I was looking out for a higher end spinning reel. I guess they've already done that with the new Sustain, Exsence, and Stella but was thinking something between the Sustain and Exsence.

6. Member
    I’m actually pretty stoked about the Tranx 200, I will definitely be picking one of those up

Bearing count in reels is irrelevant. Quality of bearings used and placement are the way more important than count.....unless your tolerances are suspect, then more bearings will be needed....Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

Quote Originally Posted by reelex View Post
    Bearing count in reels is irrelevant. Quality of bearings used and placement are the way more important than count.....unless your tolerances are suspect, then more bearings will be needed....Dan
    That explains the metanium mgl with 10+1 japanese bearings. Apparently too many bearings rubs the corporate bean counters the wrong way when it comes to $99 reels.
    Last edited by JohnD.; 07-12-2018 at 11:41 AM.

9. Member
    I was hoping for a Chronarch 51 or 71, looks like I wont be buying any Shimanos this year unless their still holding out this week with more reels.

10. Member
    Chronarch dc coming 2019. You heard it here first

11. Member
    The nice thing about shimano is you can replace bushings with bearings and make most a 12 bearing reel
    like the Curado K.

12. Member
    Anyone actually get to handle a new SLX? Impressions?

13. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcazmo View Post
    Anyone actually get to handle a new SLX? Impressions?

Yes I actually got to take one out and cast it for a bit. It's a very solid reel that is lightweight, smooth gearing, small frame, and comes in at a great price point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12