Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

Turning Point Express Mach 3 SS Props? Worth it?

Hello, I finally had some time to spend with my boat on the water. I was on the Harris Chain for 5 days so I got to put the boat through the paces. The prop that is on it, a Michigan Wheel aluminum 13.25 by 17p, which has been on the boat since 2006 did well. My RPMs are in the right spot trimmed up at WOT (5200-5600) and with myself, a full tank and all my fishing gear ran right at 41.8 which seems right on par for my boat, a 2006 Triton SP-185 with an 06 E-tec 90.

Now I want to step up to stainless and a member on here said to look at Turning Point Props. Their wizard picked the same size and pitch so I am looking at the 13.25” 17p Express Mach 3 but I have found NO reviews online so obviously I’m hesitant.

Anyone run this prop or have a better suggestion? I want to step up to SS and keep my aluminum as a back up. Thanks in advance, Chris.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Member
    I would recommend a Turbo 1 13 1/4 X 17 which performs well on a variety of 17' & 18' bass boats with 90 h.p. Engines.

Try boats.net for a good price or eBay.

Don't forget to order the appropriate hub kit with the prop.

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    And I shouldn’t even consider the Solas props with the built in hubs correct? Thanks, I will look into a Turbo 1!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Hello, I finally had some time to spend with my boat on the water. I was on the Harris Chain for 5 days so I got to put the boat through the paces. The prop that is on it, a Michigan Wheel aluminum 13.25 by 17p, which has been on the boat since 2006 did well. My RPMs are in the right spot trimmed up at WOT (5200-5600) and with myself, a full tank and all my fishing gear ran right at 41.8 which seems right on par for my boat, a 2006 Triton SP-185 with an 06 E-tec 90.

Now I want to step up to stainless and a member on here said to look at Turning Point Props. Their wizard picked the same size and pitch so I am looking at the 13.25” 17p Express Mach 3 but I have found NO reviews online so obviously I’m hesitant.

Anyone run this prop or have a better suggestion? I want to step up to SS and keep my aluminum as a back up. Thanks in advance, Chris.
    I would call Mark Croxten a sponsor on this site before I made any decisions, I would also purchase it from as well, His time is valuable and he should be able to get rewarded for may be the very best advice you could get any where regarding your application. With his help I am sure your rig will show a great deal of improvements
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Thanks lpugh, I will do just that on Monday!

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Can someone post Mark’s number? I sent an email but for all I know it might have been to the wrong person and I haven’t heard back. I’d like to support a forum sponsor if I can so I’d like to get the right person, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Can someone post Mark’s number? I sent an email but for all I know it might have been to the wrong person and I haven’t heard back. I’d like to support a forum sponsor if I can so I’d like to get the right person, thanks.
    just sent you a PM

1996 Ranger R70 1998 Mercury 115
    Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate