Thread: Table Rock info

Table Rock info

Hey guys, the family is heading down to Table Rock July 8th to the 15th. We are staying on Indian Point. Any fishing tips? Not much of a night fisherman - usually drinking beer then. Appreciate any help!

Mike

2. Member
    There is finally a hard thermocline set up right around, 26-30 feet. The guys on ozarkangler.com say the fishing is as good as it's been in at least 5 years. Fish are either suspended or really closer to the bottom at that depth. Move around till you find a school and go to work, dropshot or spoon over them, jigs and swimbaits if you're casting to them.

3. Banned
    Awesome! I'll be down there in two weeks. Let us know how you do, Mike

we'll be down 15th - 18th also - love to hear how you faired Mike!

Don't tell Tom he's famous now and will just spread the news to all the lake lice......
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

5. Member
    Thanks for the info Ben. Hopefully I have something to report!

6. Member
    Well, Ben and the reports were correct. We fished some main lake gravel points throwing mostly a spider jig and caught them in about 20 feet of water. Some nice smallies! We also fished the end of docks where the cables go down. Same thing, about 20-25 foot down. Mostly spots there, but they were fun to catch!

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 76Champ View Post
    we'll be down 15th - 18th also - love to hear how you faired Mike!

Don't tell Tom he's famous now and will just spread the news to all the lake lice......
    The news has already spread. Believe me!
    I'll be leaving StL Saturday morning (21st) and will be staying at Big Cedar for the following week. Looking forward to it

8. Member
    The current report is they are possibly relocating five feet or so deeper, try the 30-35 foot contours. I couldn't find them on the roll offs last Friday but they were still on deep dock with a minimum of 40 feet of water under them.

Tue-Thursday - fished between Indian point and long creek. Fish were scattered could never get more than 1 per spot had to run and gun non stop. Couldn't get more than 1 out of every 5/6 marks to hit. 25-35ft points and humps. I'm sure someone somewhere else on the lake had some good trips but I didn't :)

Saw focused fishing 2 different days doing same stuff so i guess i wasn't to far off! Was just really wishing for big schools you can sit on and pick off fish over and over. Next year!
    -Justin

10. Banned
    Thanks for the info Justin. Heading down tomorrow morning (Saturday).
    Boat is gassed and the beer is iced.

Tom -
    Guinness World Record Holder

11. Member
    Gonna be a little hectic down there after the tragedy last night. Very sad day
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

I drove home yesterday though that storm. it was insane. auto bilge was running and wind was pushing me sideways down 7hwy. Can't image what that wind and rain did to the lake when it got there.
    -Justin