Chronarch spool prob

I have many old Chronarch 101a's and like them. Got a great deal on one ($40) the the weights on the spool seem to have a prob. The steel rods the weights slide on are loose and can be pushed towards the inside. None of my others are like this. Unusable the way it is. Am I missing something? Even if I could find a new spool, prob more than the reel is worth. I have the missing pin and weights. Ty

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I normally only use two weights so maybe just remove the pins. I think I have a Japanese spool that only has two weights, it fits either a right hand Chronarch 100A or the greenies.

3. Member
    I've had to have mine glues in place before.

4. Banned
    This is a common issue in the older Shimanos that the plastic that the pins sit in cracks. Sometimes you can just super glue them back in place, or find a new spool.

Good luck finding a new spool that's not cracked. With that much movement I'd be surprised if your brake drum isn't damaged as well. I do have a fix that is less $$ than a new spool, but I have to perform the fix that is not gluing....Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

So I guess this is a common prob? PM sent.

Yup, puts a ton of reels down....and I'm down to just 4 fix units left....pm answered.
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

So looks like I am missing the silver ring that holds the pins in place. I stole one from a CU101b Curado and it fit and seems to have fit the Chronarch. I didnt use any glue.

Now I still need a ring for the reel I stole/borrowed it from. Do you know what reels have that same size ring? Any body have one? Ty so much.

9. Member
    I have quite a few older shimanos at the house I use for parts reels, lemme do some digging and see if I can help u out.