Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Maui Jim Banyon polarized green, light, clear, great fit, but man they cost your first born. Just had to by a new pair other ones went for a swim.

Maui Jims
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

3. Member
    I have all sorts. But for fishing I have SolarBats with some kind of Inverted lenses. Had them for years now, and don't remember the exact name. But they are extremely well for me for seeing in the water. It's how I see so many big bass fallow my glide bait and not even touch it. But that is about 20' from the boat I guess when I start seeing them. Not like the water is clear. But I have had Oakley and many others. Still have Costas with changeable lenses, and others. But my old SolarBats are my fishing glasses.

I wear costa’s with plastic with the amber or copper lens allthough the glass is supposed to be better. I used to be a Oakley distributor but when they did away with lifetime warranty i dropped them. I just could justify sellng glasses at that price with only a year warranty and yes at times they will warranty a pair that are out of warranty but it is up to there discretion and I won’t a hassle free warranty
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

I wear costa’s with plastic with the amber or copper lens allthough the glass is supposed to be better. I used to be a Oakley distributor but when they did away with lifetime warranty i dropped them. I just could justify sellng glasses at that price with only a year warranty and yes at times they will warranty a pair that are out of warranty but it is up to there discretion and I won’t a hassle free warranty.
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

6. Member
    I use the Polarized ones from Walmart. They're cheap but when they get scratched or blown overboard I don't break down and cry.

7. Member
    reflekt Unsinkable Polarized Torrents with brown Color Blast lenses.
    07 STRATOS 176XT

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottsdale816 View Post
    Okay we have been looking for a new pairs of fishing glasses and wanted to get some opinions and see what all of you guys are wearing. I know Costas are good but they do not have the style that I like so was looking at other options. I prefer the 1/4 jacket style from Oakley but wasn't for sure if they were as good as the Costas? Going to buy a pair of Costas for my wife though but uncertain if she should get the glass lens or plastic? Also what color lens do most of you guys use bass fishing. Local Costa dealer say the green for sight fishing but also thought the blue would work. What are you guys thought on this? So I guess my questions are:

1. Does Oakley make good fishing glasses?
    2. Glass are plastic lens?
    3. Green or blue lens?
    Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ 2.0's with Black Iridium Prizm lenses are always on protecting my eyes if the Sun is out.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    I have all sorts. But for fishing I have SolarBats with some kind of Inverted lenses. Had them for years now, and don't remember the exact name. But they are extremely well for me for seeing in the water. It's how I see so many big bass fallow my glide bait and not even touch it. But that is about 20' from the boat I guess when I start seeing them. Not like the water is clear. But I have had Oakley and many others. Still have Costas with changeable lenses, and others. But my old SolarBats are my fishing glasses.
    Same here, I've got a pair of Solar Bats that I've had for over 10 years Don't know the name on mine either but they have the Moss Green lenses and I really like them.

Costa's with Blue or/Green lenses.

11. Banned
    native has the most durable lenses I've ever owned. Oakley is the worst i ever owned.The coating starts peeling off after a few months.

Oakley Turbines for me with the blue mirror lenses, works great for me anytime of day, but have used the Mike Iconelli model from Walmart with the lighter color lenses on dark cloudy days.

13. Member
    Just launched my last pair of Walmart polarizeds when I took off, they stood still but the boat ran out from under them. Oh well $5.00.

14. Banned
    Maui

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph McB View Post
    Looks like the other companies should just step aside. Lots of Costas. I have 2 pair of Costas but when it’s time for Sightfishing, Solar Bats are on my Head .
    I think I have at least half a dozen pairs of Costas. I mostly wear the green mirror 580 glass, but I have them in black, blue mirror and sunrise as well. Every time I try another brand I go back.

16. Member
    I used to wear Natives until I tried Maui Jim Peahi's. COMPLETE DOMINANCE. Amber lens - glass - complete coverage for my eyes. Perfect for me.

Costa Copper Silver Mirror 580g. Never used anything better!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

18. Member
    I use this lens in a Flak Jacket 2.0 frame, also have a set of yellow and clear lens to switch out for light conditions.

https://www.oakley.com/en/lens-guide...ater-polarized

19. Banned

20. Member
    solar bats with inverted yellow over the green lens or shady rays with green polarized lens
    Last edited by mactlman; 07-12-2018 at 06:27 AM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast