Thread: Bonafide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bonafide

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a Bonafide 107. Excited to see how it performs compared to my Feelfree Lure 10. Upgrading electronics also to the Humminbird contour mapping since I only fish small unmapped ponds with the kayak. Will be fun making my own maps and sharing with friends.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

I have not seen one in person but all the pics and reviews look great. Josh put this up,

3. Member
    I love my 127 its the most comfortable I have ever been in
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator
    2000 Johnson 150hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 Si
    Humminbird Helix 5 sonar
    Bonifide SS127

4. Member
    Can't wait to hear a report about how you like it. I had a Nucanoe and sold it because I was having both knees replaced. That went better than I could ever imagine, so I'm going to get another kayak. The Bonafide is very appealing, looks like a great seat among other features.

5. Member
    "looks like a great seat "

So very important for any yak!

6. Member
    I got to check out both of their models today. Very impressed to say the least. They are on the pricey side though. Dealer wouldn't come off the list price at all, wouldn't throw in a paddle or anything. I'd like to get one but I've got to get a little break on the price, full retail on anything doesn't cut it.

I was ready to replace my ascend with one until I did a "test drive." Solid kayak, but didn't have a few features I thought were critical...like recessed rod holders. I didn't want to buy a new one and then immediately start drilling into it.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrasport80 View Post
    I got to check out both of their models today. Very impressed to say the least. They are on the pricey side though. Dealer wouldn't come off the list price at all, wouldn't throw in a paddle or anything. I'd like to get one but I've got to get a little break on the price, full retail on anything doesn't cut it.
    With the way the kayak fishing market is growing don't expect to get any breaks on new unless it's when the new models are coming in. I got a little break on mine when I got it but I was in the Army for years with the shop owner and he was going to get the new models the following month so he wanted to make room in the shop.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

9. Member
    Bonifide just released a video of the RS117 that might have more of what you were looking for in a yak. I've never been to fond of the flush mounts I have my blackpak and 2 ram tubes for holders. but everyone has there opinions
    2000 Johnson 150hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 Si
    Humminbird Helix 5 sonar
    Bonifide SS127

That RS117 looks good at that price point for sure.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

11. Member
    I'm a little late on this, but check out Austin Kayak. They have package deals on 'yaks+paddle+pfd. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but have been looking for a deal on the 127 and that is about the best I could find.
    2013 Alumacraft Pro 185 LP
    115 Mercury 115 4 Stroke

12. Member
    That is were I went and bought mine from great people fast shipping
    2000 Johnson 150hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 Si
    Humminbird Helix 5 sonar
    Bonifide SS127

13. Member
    ACK Austin Canoe & Kayak has a great reputation. I bought a number of things from them, though not any complete kayaks.

I am lucky in that one of their locations is just a 20-minute drive from my place. I believe that, if you go to their website, you will get an automatic ??% off coupon on gear (but not on all kayaks).

14. Member
    I bought my first kayak from ACK in May 2016 and it took over two months to get to me-then when I did get it, Estes (freight carrier) had it strapped so tight it put a crack/crease in the top behind the cock-pit. I didn't want to wait another 2 months and took the $75 comp ACK offered. They didn't give any comp for the constant broken promises they gave me about when it would be delivered. I vowed to pick my next kayak up from a local dealership personally. I had to drive 3 hours to get my Jackson Coosa FD this past winter, but it was worth it.

Thanks for creating a thread for the SS107. I have been look at trying some yak fishing and I’m thinking very serious about pulling the trigger on this particular yak. Post up your thoughts after you get comfortable with it.

The bonafide company as a whole seems like they are producing quality products.
    Garmin Stiker 7sv and 7cv
    2017 Crestliner VT17 - Mercury 60 4S

16. Member
    Check out Chad Hoover's videos on YouTube-he talks up Bonafide quite a bit. Plus, he is the Ray Scott of Kayak bass fishing without the insurance salesman background. Find a good, welcoming local club and your learning curve will go fast. Welcome to the addiction!

17. Member
    Picked up a 127 yesterday. Really wanted a 107 but found a barely used 127 for $800 so had to try it. Hoping Tuesday for maiden voyage. Had a 12’ pescador and 10’ Feelfree Lure before and this Bonafide is a big mammer jammer. Probably going to be too big but will try it to make sure I like the rest of the Bonafide things (seat, hull design, speed, stability, etc) before paying full retail for the 107.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

18. Member
    Nice, enjoy it

19. Member
    Make sure to register your kayak with Bonifide. They released a seat fix for them so the seat knuckle wont crack the hull.
    2000 Johnson 150hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 Si
    Humminbird Helix 5 sonar
    Bonifide SS127

20. Member
    Thanks for the heads up but it was already done.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast