Physically: Illinois Mentally: Anywhere but Illinois

In need of some prayers

The devil has been hammering me hard the last few weeks. It’s been so bad that I’ve questioned so much about my faith and what God really wants from me and for me. I won’t get into lots of details, but I was hurt pretty badly at work almost two years ago and have since been through two major surgeries and another one on my neck is coming up at the end of this month. Financially it’s been beyond tight and the bills seem like they’re getting bigger exponentially at this point. I’m paying over $1,100/month for health insurance for my family and workman’s comp is peanuts. Ironically I was really convicted to begin tithing again, even through this, because I hadn’t in sometime. On paper, the money coming in, doesn’t match what’s going out, but I know the Lord will provide, but man oh man the devil is attacking. A little over a week ago I dropped my phone in the lake which had hundreds of hours of videos of my children and wife and thousands of pics...very little of it backed up. Guys’n’gals, I could go on and on, but we all have our problems. I just need prayers. It’s hard to ask this, but I’m getting attacked every which way. Thanks fellow brothers and sisters. Have a safe 4th and God bless!
    Last edited by The Bass Whisperer; 07-04-2018 at 07:53 AM.

"The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member

4. Member
    Trust in the Lord, but the Lord helps those that help themselves. My cell phone just blew up and went crazy, my older brother bought himself a new one and gave me the exact one that just died.
    Hope things improve.

5. Member
    You can and will get through this, Joey. Stay strong in your faith! Praying for you and the family.

6. Member
    I've been where you are when my wife was sick. Was down to $500.00 to my name with plenty of outstanding medical bills. Trust in the good Lord and he will see you through it.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

7. Member
    Physically: Illinois Mentally: Anywhere but Illinois
    Thanks guys...I truly appreciate the uplifting and encouragement.

8. Member
    The story of the widow's mite comes to mind. She gave all she had trusting the Lord to provide for her.

Your faith will see you through.

I can remember times when I was raising a family when expenses were coming up that I did not have enough $ to cover. Miraculously God provided for my needs and I never missed a payment or a meal.

God loves you and knows your needs. Sometimes we have to fall on our face and tell Him we cannot handle our problems and that we are leaving them at the foot of the cross and trusting Him to provide for us. He has never let me down.

Did I always have everything I wanted? No, but I have everything I need.

I am not wealthy but I am rich, because I have a Savior and my family, a place to live, clothing, and enough food to eat.

God is good all of the time......and all of the time God is good.

I am praying that God will help you as the Evil One try's to discourage you.

9. Member
    Do not give up on the Lord believe me I am where you are and every time I turn the corner He meets me/ praise the Lord

10. Member

"If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

12. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Another prayer lifted for you and your family, Joey.
    Who controls John Gill?

13. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Every hardship you've experienced and every set back that comes your way has to pass through HIS hands first. He doesn't put you under water to drown you, but to cleanse you and He doesn't put you through the fire to burn you, but to purify you! (1:16:00 to 1:16:25....)

Keep the faith and hang in there. Watch the video below when you have time, kinda lengthy but powerful if you listen to both of his teachings.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

14. Member
    You can’t have a testimony with out the test and you can’t have a message without the mess. Sounds like your handling it well and when the devil is knocking on your door just send Jesus to answer it. I’m thankful you are humble enough to share a bit of your story with us and know that I am praying. “We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.”**Romans‬ *5:3-4

15. Banned
    Isaiah 41:10

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.