Trailer C Channel Upgrade question ?

What is the standard frame trailer compared to the C Channel upgrade? Does the standard have the wiring exposed and is the C Channel frame boxed in for a clean look with wiring running all inside the frame ? Thanks for your help

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Backcountry View Post
    What is the standard frame trailer compared to the C Channel upgrade? Does the standard have the wiring exposed and is the C Channel frame boxed in for a clean look with wiring running all inside the frame ? Thanks for your help

Standard frame is rectangle tubing and has the wiring run inside. C channel frame is just that, C channel with wiring exposed on the inside. 9/10 people will tell you to upgrade to C channel. If you fish brackish water it will help against rusting out as the C channel cant hold water. I upgraded to the C channel for that reason but just as much because when its time to rewire the trailer its 1,000x easier. I had trouble with my old tube frame cracking as well because the tubing is thinner walled. It was only like a $200 upgrade.
    Last edited by ONECASTAWAY; 07-03-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    +1 to Onecasts reply

Plus one addition- even on the c-channel axle is sealed;; well mine leaks and will eventually need replacement. So easy access to wires may be best reason to have one
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

4. Member
    Go for the upgrade to “C”. If u don’t, u’ll sure wish u did later.

5. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    All of the above. Especially if you plan to keep the boat for a lot of years. If you're going to sell in a few years to get a newer model as some do, the tube trailer will suffice...
    Although C channel may help in resale, another plus

...throw in trailer shocks and dual axle brakes while your at it.

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    and its way less expensive to get the dual axle brakes from Phoenix than it is just for the parts to add on later,
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    I wished I had upgraded. Haven't had any issue's on the trailer itself, just after thought!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

9. Member
    Never ever ever buy a tube frame trailer!! C Channel all the way! Seen way to many rust issues with tube frames.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

10. Member
    Thanks everyone for there input on the comparison on the trailer construction...…… My 2017 721 has the C channel upgrade, Warrior wheel package, brakes and shocks and I'm so far very satisfied with my bird but the other evening during one of are Friday night tourneys a new 2018 721 showed up and he has the tube frame trailer which I thought looked a little cleaner with no wiring exposed but It sounds like my set up is the way to go.

11. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Backcountry View Post
    Thanks everyone for there input on the comparison on the trailer construction...…… My 2017 721 has the C channel upgrade, Warrior wheel package, brakes and shocks and I'm so far very satisfied with my bird but the other evening during one of are Friday night tourneys a new 2018 721 showed up and he has the tube frame trailer which I thought looked a little cleaner with no wiring exposed but It sounds like my set up is the way to go.
    Your set up IS the way to go. Good choice!

12. Joe4d
    Personally I wouldnt buy the c channel either unless it was either aluminum or galvanized... No way Jose,,, deal breaker if I cant get a decent trailer.

13. Member
    Get the C channel, had boats for the past 30 years and fixing a broken wire is easier and worth the upgrade.

14. Member
    spent that extra money on shocks “ or 4 wheel brakes ! C channel trailer for brackish water only!....

15. Member
    Love my c channel makes diagnosing a problem easy and quick