Coral 202 fuel sending unit

Fuel gauge has been all over the place since I bought the boat last year. It looks to have a moeller sending unit in the tank. It looks very difficult to change with the tank in the boat. Is this possible? I may be able to empty the tank and slide it forward a couple inches, not sure how much that will help or will the old one come right out?

2. Member
    when you say all over the place,do you mean it bounces up and down when your underway?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeper bird View Post
    when you say all over the place,do you mean it bounces up and down when your underway?
    Nah. Just reads diff levels when parked, even in the drive way. Just the last few weeks it won’t read above 1/4 tank even when full. Then all of a sudden it will read just over half tank. I know boat fuel gauges always seen to be iffy but this one is getting worse. I now use the “tap” method on the tank to gauge fuel level.

4. Member
    oh man i have often looked at mine on my 202 and hoped /prayed i would never have to change that.I know this is a stupid question but wire and connections are good?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeper bird View Post
    oh man i have often looked at mine on my 202 and hoped /prayed i would never have to change that.I know this is a stupid question but wire and connections are good?
    Yeah. Tested for continuity and it’s solid.

6. Member
    let everyone know how it goes,i know i will be curious

7. Member
    Just remove all the batteries & the oil tank, remove the 2 little brackets holding the gas tank from sliding forward, and you can move the tank forward enough. If you can get the filler hose removed from the tank, you could remove at least the smaller size tank from the boat
    AlanW
    2000 Viper Coral 191
    Mercury 200 EFI
    12" Slidemaster
    25" Tempest Plus

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanW View Post
    Just remove all the batteries & the oil tank, remove the 2 little brackets holding the gas tank from sliding forward, and you can move the tank forward enough. If you can get the filler hose removed from the tank, you could remove at least the smaller size tank from the boat
    Thanks Alan. That’s what I figured I would have to do. Just got back from a 4 day fishing trip in my buddies boat so will be dealing with the fuel gauge issue soon.