Clogged drain from storage compartment

I have a 2008 198. The compartment directly behind the drivers seat won’t drain. Having trouble finding a way to clear the obstruction. Any ideas on a way to clear the drain before I have to get a little more serious tearing into things?
    Thanks.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    My first question would be why / how is water getting in there in the first place. The raised lip of the compartment should route water under the battery compartment lid. I had my 210 parked beside my house Saturday night with the port side to the curb. The rear port box is where I keep my inflatable. We got right at an inch of rain Saturday night and I got up figuring that water had pooled up due to the slope of the street, flooded over the lip and caused my inflatable to go off and get everything else in there wet, but it was dry as a bone.

But to your question, have you tried to fish the drain hole with a coat hanger or fish tape? I would think it goes straight into the bilge.

3. Member
    Quick blast from the compressor on a reasonable setting of course

4. Member
    I used a garden hose. A few quick basts on high world for me.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    My first question would be why / how is water getting in there in the first place.
    But to your question, have you tried to fish the drain hole with a coat hanger or fish tape? I would think it goes straight into the bilge.
    Reggie, the compartment directly behind the driver seat on my '06 198 is a cooler, but the '08 198 may be different. Actually on my 198, they turned that one large compartment into two smaller coolers.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed R View Post
    Reggie, the compartment directly behind the driver seat on my '06 198 is a cooler, but the '08 198 may be different. Actually on my 198, they turned that one large compartment into two smaller coolers.
    Ed, I forgot the rear deck layout on the 198s were different from the 200/ 202. Is the cooler not on the floor behind the center storage like the later boats?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Ed, I forgot the rear deck layout on the 198s were different from the 200/ 202. Is the cooler not on the floor behind the center storage like the later boats?
    Yup, room for plenty of beer....
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    My 198 also has the step-up cooler, which I use for small storage. Behind driver's seat is the other cooler, Ed mentioned. I have the double compartment with individual lids, too. Much preferred over the single larger box.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed R View Post
    mine is the same and something went down the drain and plugged things up
    cant get at the bottom to the drain of either of the 2

Maybe a plunger?
    BassinBarrister
    2001 ChampioN 206 Elite
    225 Yamaha VMax EFI
    25P Trophy Plus Prop