Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Pheonix is becoming Walmart boats

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfish1 View Post
    One of your concerns is fishing two more tournaments with the gel cracks. I would fish them without any hesitation.
    If it's not structural issues, which I don't think they are, I'll go ahead and fish them. My dealer has a great fiberglass shop attached that can probably get the issue resolved in between the tournaments though. Phoenix is making it right, and no they are far from Walmart of boats. My fishing partner showed me pictures of "gaps" in the fiberglass on his 2016 bass cat.
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    Pheonix is becoming Walmart boats
    The butt hurt is strong with this one.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    If anyone can develop a gel coat that will flex in all direction you will be a millionaire.Your car bumper has a flex additive which makes it flexible like a rubber ball but it stays soft and will not work for boats or boat building.There has to a chemist on BBC.
    Jason

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    The butt hurt is strong with this one.
    Well I’m just stating the facts that boats are getting crappy built every year and more expensive, but keep drinking the juice, let me guess one of your sponsors is pheonix because they gave you 5k off a boat

6. Member
    Well I’m just stating the facts that boats are getting crappy built every year and more expensive, but keep drinking the juice, let me guess one of your sponsors is pheonix because they gave you 5k off a boat
    You never had a Phoenix on order, and never will.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    You never had a Phoenix on order, and never will.
    Actually smart guy I’ve got a 2019 on order right now with the new proxs, and if it cracks which looking at everybody’s past experiences I’m sure it will then I’m going to hold them accountable just like the rest of us should instead of sticking up for a company that is having product problems just like I would if it was gm or ford after I just spent 70k

8. Member
    Sam378, call Toledo fiberglass and ask them which boats get the most cracks. Those guys are honest and work on almost every boat in the area.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Sam378, call Toledo fiberglass and ask them which boats get the most cracks. Those guys are honest and work on almost every boat in the area.
    He is not buying A Phoenix or any other brand. His first post on the Phoenix board was questioning the quality of the boats. Now he is acting like he has one ordered so he can bash them, and no one will dare question him.

Haha. Try again bud.
    Jason

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    He is not buying A Phoenix or any other brand. His first post on the Phoenix board was questioning the quality of the boats. Now he is acting like he has one ordered so he can bash them, and no one will dare question him.
    Ummm one is ordered just for the record, will be in end of August, as far as bashing them if I didn’t like the boats I wouldn’t have ordered one and put out 70k the fact I’m making is why are people defending a product and that’s what it is a product that we pay good money for , I’ve had all brands of boats some cracked some didn’t but I can’t figure we you would protect and defend a company that you spent this kind of money and not bring to light that there is a problem, if your truck did this you would be at the dealership tomorrow raising hell, but since it’s a boat company you think it’s ok, brainwashed. I love to fish and will continue to buy products to do the sport I love but if you don’t start bring problems to light and quit saying oh it’s ok it’s a boat then they will never put in any effort to fix the problems, ok smart guy do you want to see my buyers order now ???

12. Member
    Ummm one is ordered just for the record, will be in end of August, as far as bashing them if I didn’t like the boats I wouldn’t have ordered one and put out 70k the fact I’m making is why are people defending a product and that’s what it is a product that we pay good money for , I’ve had all brands of boats some cracked some didn’t but I can’t figure we you would protect and defend a company that you spent this kind of money and not bring to light that there is a problem, if your truck did this you would be at the dealership tomorrow raising hell, but since it’s a boat company you think it’s ok, brainwashed. I love to fish and will continue to buy products to do the sport I love but if you don’t start bring problems to light and quit saying oh it’s ok it’s a boat then they will never put in any effort to fix the problems, ok smart guy do you want to see my buyers order now ???
    You are right, you should be considered a gel coat crack expert, since you supposedly dropped off a 2017 Ranger in May to repair......gel coat cracks.

13. Member
    The Walmart of boats. It's the only boat not made by a Walmart type company. Just when you think you've heard it all on here.....

99% of gel coat cracks are caused by the owner. Go 30mph and fish only on days when the wind is less than 5mph and you will have no issues. Make 40 mile runs every week in 4ft waves and it will be a different story.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

The reason we defend them is because they make it right. Im pretty sure I haven't heard of them not making a problem right even of it was the fault of the owner. They stand behind their product. It is a custom built boat made by human hands that we take out and run the balls out of. We're all waiting to hear your solution of how to make gel and fiberglass flex without cracking.
    Jason

16. Banned
    Yes all boats flex and all gelcoat will crack over time. The point is this boat is fairly new and should not be cracking in those locations this early in it's service. Something is not 100% on the back of that allowing it to move a excessive amount. It happens and if their is a issue Phoenix will take care of it.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    99% of gel coat cracks are caused by the owner. Go 30mph and fish only on days when the wind is less than 5mph and you will have no issues. Make 40 mile runs every week in 4ft waves and it will be a different story.
    This

18. Member
    Every boat will have stress cracks. If you notice the majority of them come from rivets or holes where the manufacturer didn't countersink or deburr the edge well and it has a sharp corner. Sharp corners will cause cracking before anything. My 01 champ has them coming off almost every rivet or opening because of this. If you have them near the rub rail, it's likely because of the rivet under the rub rail and no countersink or deburr. Watch the video on Basscat builds, you will notice they use special bits that countersink each drilled hole, hence NO stress cracks. You will see what I am talking about in the first 30 seconds, if you look at any of your boats, you will not likely see a countersunk hole.

https://basscat.com/basscat-media/videos/Construction

Boats flex and the result is stress cracks. Basscat just discovered the problem before anyone that's why they don't see it as often.
    2001 196 Elite- 200hp Optimax

Having 6 bolts instead of 4, connecting the jack plate to the transom helps considerably with flexing of the transom. It's mind boggling to me that a 4 bolt connection is the standard in the industry, used to connect 250 HP to the frame of the boat. With only 4 bolts you are going to have problems especially if they loosen in rough water.

20. Banned
    Cracks in the gel coat?
    Just run it.
    If anyone thinks that a boat transom is a solid, inflexible assembly, they would be wrong. Build it with no flex, and you won't have gel coat cracks, you'll have breakage instead.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast