Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    It seems that most think that the bigger pitch the prop is, the faster the boat will go. Too big a prop is like having 37” tires on a 4 cylinder.

2. Member
    Copied from a thread @ nitroowners.com... read underlined... z-7 with 175

Unloaded i can hit the hard limiter at 6400 no problem but i try not to do that. I know there is more speed in this combo but i'm not sure its worth getting. In playing with props i have spun a 26 fury right up to 6k with speeds into the mid 70's but with that prop the holeshot was a a cruel joke. the 2.5l block was never knows for having any bottom end torque and on my boat any prop 25 or bigger shows that. For me a good holeshot combined with a decent top end is muck more important than eeking every last mph out of it is. with the 24 the holeshot is good and top end is fast enough for what i need.
    2014 Nitro Z-7
    175 Optimax Pro Xs
    8" Z-Loc Jackplate
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch at console (Dek-it)
    Lowrance HDS 12 at bow (Dek-it)
    Point 1
    NMEA 2K & Ethernet
    Two 8' PP Blades
    Optima Batteries

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcourtright View Post
    Copied from a thread @ nitroowners.com... read underlined... z-7 with 175

Unloaded i can hit the hard limiter at 6400 no problem but i try not to do that. I know there is more speed in this combo but i'm not sure its worth getting. In playing with props i have spun a 26 fury right up to 6k with speeds into the mid 70's but with that prop the holeshot was a a cruel joke. the 2.5l block was never knows for having any bottom end torque and on my boat any prop 25 or bigger shows that. For me a good holeshot combined with a decent top end is muck more important than eeking every last mph out of it is. with the 24 the holeshot is good and top end is fast enough for what i need.
    Idk what planet this cat is on but you aren't spinning a 175hp optimax to 6400rpms, not a stock motor at least.
    2010 NITRO Z7

4. Member
    Im not trying to beat a dead horse but I keep coming across stuff like this ^^ ^^^ and makes me question all of what ive been told...

There is vid on youtube of a guy doing a walk round on his 2014 z7 dc 175 with a fury 24 saying he does 70 by himself, 69 with partner. not sure of RPMs but does that sounds legit and obtainable? Thanks
    2014 Nitro Z-7
    175 Optimax Pro Xs
    8" Z-Loc Jackplate
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch at console (Dek-it)
    Lowrance HDS 12 at bow (Dek-it)
    Point 1
    NMEA 2K & Ethernet
    Two 8' PP Blades
    Optima Batteries

5. Member
    Please get you a 25 Fury.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jcourtright View Post
    Im not trying to beat a dead horse but I keep coming across stuff like this ^^ ^^^ and makes me question all of what ive been told...

There is vid on youtube of a guy doing a walk round on his 2014 z7 dc 175 with a fury 24 saying he does 70 by himself, 69 with partner. not sure of RPMs but does that sounds legit and obtainable? Thanks

Some use gps speed and some use the speedo...speedos aren’t accurate very often.

7. Member
    My 200hp z7 doesn't spin a 25p fury very well loaded in the summer. 200hp has more displacement plus the additional hp. Different climates, humidity and elevation play big roles in speed. A lot of people will say they can run 70mph but aren't telling you under perfect conditions in the winter with a light load. A lot of people have a higher pitch prop for cold weather.
    2010 NITRO Z7

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Some use gps speed and some use the speedo...speedos aren’t accurate very often.
    …....and some guys use BAR speeds!

It sure is possible going down stream with a 6mph current helping out and a good chop and the wind behind him
    Thank You Leon Pugh

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    It sure is possible going down stream with a 6mph current helping out and a good chop and the wind behind him
    That also...
    2010 NITRO Z7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12