Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

One and the same

I just read on a friends Facebook page that Ranger and Vexus are both owned by the same folks. I myself have just started reading about the new Vexus line of boats. If someone can help me out here i would be a thanking ya. Sorry just the way we talk down in the south

Need to read more than Facebook. The guys that ran Ranger for years left and started Vexus. Alot of them anyway. Lots of info on the googles.

3. Member
    And Ranger is owned by Johnny Morris.

Yes. Stay on BBC. Way more reliable info than FB.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentR View Post
    I just read on a friends Facebook page that Ranger and Vexus are both owned by the same folks. I myself have just started reading about the new Vexus line of boats. If someone can help me out here i would be a thanking ya. Sorry just the way we talk down in the south
    Not even close to the truth, as other have said, above.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

What Facebook page? I really need a laugh today :-)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    What Facebook page? I really need a laugh today :-)
    It's JM facebook page.

8. Member
    I did a little research on who owns what. Don't think i'll be asking any more questions on this site, if you want to know why just read the reply's i received when i asked a question on here. Some of the folks on this site think they know everything and the rest of us are just dumb asses. I guess it's like telling the preacher on Sunday he does know what he's talking about. I was just making a statement about what i had read but i should have none better. So thanks for the belittlement. Oh before someone else tries to make me feel like a dumb ass my skin is thicker than you think. I hope you all have a nice day.

9. Member
    smelling troll on this one. You asked a question that could be answered in one quick google, but settled on a facebook rumor. Then you got answers. Go troll somewhere else. Sorry, that's just how we talk down south.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmo View Post
    smelling troll on this one. You asked a question that could be answered in one quick google, but settled on a facebook rumor. Then you got answers. Go troll somewhere else. Sorry, that's just how we talk down south.
    I've been on this site for a long time and i don't think i'm going anywhere. And i am no troll. I was just making a statement that i had read on another site. And i didn't settle on a rumor on facebook. See this is exactly what i'm talking about no one can make a statement with out being talked down to. Sorry I even asked. By the way i am proud to be from the south.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    How could you be a bass angler and not be aware that Bass Pro had purchased Ranger boats a few years back? Followed by purchasing Cabelas? Don't be bummed about the replies to your query, I think folks were pretty easy on you. What you read on Facebook was someone's poor interpretation that some of the folks who started Vexus previously worked for Ranger (and left after the BPS purchase).
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

I did a little research on who owns what. Don't think i'll be asking any more questions on this site, if you want to know why just read the reply's i received when i asked a question on here. Some of the folks on this site think they know everything and the rest of us are just dumb asses. I guess it's like telling the preacher on Sunday he does know what he's talking about. I was just making a statement about what i had read but i should have none better. So thanks for the belittlement. Oh before someone else tries to make me feel like a dumb ass my skin is thicker than you think. I hope you all have a nice day.
    I’m going to agree with BrentR on this one. Remember, not everyone knows every aspect of the Vexus history, management, etc. He came on here, asked a question and got blasted. I doubt he was trolling; just asking for clarification.

13. Member
    No one made any comments other than stating it wasn't true and FB is not a reliable source, didn't call you a dumb ass, didn't disparaged your parentage or anything else.

14. Banned
    Brent, I read it as a dig towards "farcebook™"

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    No one made any comments other than stating it wasn't true and FB is not a reliable source, didn't call you a dumb ass, didn't disparaged your parentage or anything else.
    This is what i got out of it too. Nothing to get bent out of shape about. Facebook is full of morons. I dont have any of that no sense but my gf does. She shows me alot of stuff that makes me glad i dont have it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    How could you be a bass angler and not be aware that Bass Pro had purchased Ranger boats a few years back? Followed by purchasing Cabelas? Don't be bummed about the replies to your query, I think folks were pretty easy on you. What you read on Facebook was someone's poor interpretation that some of the folks who started Vexus previously worked for Ranger (and left after the BPS purchase).
    I don't know a lot of things about boat manufactures and who owns what because i'm usually bass fishing every chance i get instead of who owns what. And what is being a bass angler have to do with who owns what. And the guys FB page i saw it on is a friend of mine. He as been told he is in the first stages of Dementia so maybe you could cut him some slack. I'll know better next time. Thanks to jlg309 for understanding.

WOW oh WOW, Did not see one disparaging comment and you went off on a tangent. WOW..You asked for help and got it, here , maybe it needs to be answered like this...No sir your friend is mistaken or has been misinformed, there are a lot of rumors all over the internet and this appears to be one of them, Vexus is an undertaking by former executives and employees of Ranger who left after Johnny Morris bought Ranger, sorry if there is misunderstanding out on the World Wide Web, hopefully we have been helpful in your endeavor to uncover the truth.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    WOW oh WOW, Did not see one disparaging comment and you went off on a tangent. WOW..You asked for help and got it, here , maybe it needs to be answered like this...No sir your friend is mistaken or has been misinformed, there are a lot of rumors all over the internet and this appears to be one of them, Vexus is an undertaking by former executives and employees of Ranger who left after Johnny Morris bought Ranger, sorry if there is misunderstanding out on the World Wide Web, hopefully we have been helpful in your endeavor to uncover the truth.
    Your politically correct answer on the matter is much appreciated
    He has a history of getting defensive if his ideas arent agreed with. Seen this show before.
    Last edited by TritonTRXV8; 07-08-2018 at 06:34 PM.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Your politically correct answer on the matter is much appreciated
    He has a history of getting defensive if his ideas arent agreed with. Seen this show before.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I don't know a lot of things about boat manufactures and who owns what because i'm usually bass fishing every chance i get instead of who owns what. And what is being a bass angler have to do with who owns what. And the guys FB page i saw it on is a friend of mine. He as been told he is in the first stages of Dementia so maybe you could cut him some slack. I'll know better next time. Thanks to jlg309 for understanding.
    Better to be bass fishing than anything else!
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast