Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Well to break it down Keith Daferon is Forest Wood's grandson, Randy Hopper is Forest Wood's son-in-law, Mendell Huges was Controller/CFO at Ranger. All three left soon after the BPS purchase of Platinum Equity's Fishing Holdings LLC who owned Ranger, Triton, Stratos, and Champion. Platinum Equity is a Beverly Hills based company owned by many investors under a much larger umbrella who purchased the brands from Erwin Jacob's company Genmar back in the economic downturn with the sole intention of building the company up and selling it for a profit. Through all the different changes of hand the "family" stayed but not only did the big guys leave so did a lot of others and they still are. Just ask the Moderator of this forum, Mr. Clark left when the "big wigs" did, he is a stand up guy as well as the others. A lot of people are "jumping ship" but sadly it is tearing a wedge in that little town. I'm about 45 minutes away and go there often and I've seen it. I wish well for Vexus but I also want Ranger to stay because of it's history and how it built that town. When you go there and talk to the people its comparable to the popular guy in school breaking up with the prettiest cheerleader, everybody takes one side or the other.

2. Member
    ^^^ Only this is just business and what your talking about is personal. When someone buys a company, they have every right to make any changes they see fit to try an improve their company or their profits. By the same token, people have the same right to leave and take on challenges to make something better. Its called competition. Consumers benefit greatly from business competition. We don't have to like it, but we do have to deal with it. Good luck to both.

3. Member
    Very true but Ranger has been bought and sold more than once and those guys knew Fishing Holdings was going to eventually sell when the time was right. Something behind the scenes made those guys leave and that something will probably never be known.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Very true but Ranger has been bought and sold more than once and those guys knew Fishing Holdings was going to eventually sell when the time was right. Something behind the scenes made those guys leave and that something will probably never be known.
    You may be right. It may also be something as simple as them wanting to do things "their way" and not a corporate way. Quality can sometimes be sacrificed for profits when big corporations get involved> It becomes more about profit than quality. These people have a very long standing for quality so that may be what is driving them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12