Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sweet ride! Congrats!

2018 Phoenix 919 Pro XP, 225 Pro XS

Ultrex 112#, Helix 10s, NightFishion HD-8

”Midnight Special”

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocatt View Post
    Thanks I’ve been a Basscat guy for years owning 7 of them. I was really impressed with Phoenix so I thought I would change brands.
    Would like to know your thoughts in comparison to the Bass Cat when you get some time in the Phoenix.

4. Member
    Congrats

5. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    That's a BA lookin boat! Congrats!

6. Member
    Very nice! What prop did they put on yours?

Thanks all!!!! 25P Fury 3 blade

8. Member
    Any updates on the performance with that new Merc? Any pros/cons?
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdendy View Post
    Congrats looks like Anglers Port parking lot !
    been there.....
    TrackerUser

10. Member
    Correct Anglers Port. Awesome to do business with!
    yes they are
    TrackerUser

Some of you guys were wanting an update so here you go. Picked the boat up 6/30. First trip out was 7/6. Cruised around for about a hour getting some break in time on the motor. The new 4 stroke is awesome hole is unbelievable with virtually no bow rise at all. it appears to be incredibly strong through all power ranges. The lake was a little rough and I was only able to reach 70 mph at 5400 rpms. The boat handled the 4 and 5 foot rollers as a 20'6" boat should and performed well in the the normal waves. I had a full tank of gas, normal tackle load, and my fishing partner (wife). Now for the negative. We pulled into a cove to do a little fishing dropped the Ultrex and guess what the prop wouldn't turn. Everything lighted up and it beep but the lower unit on the trolling motor was dead. I messed with it for about 30 minutes with no luck. I raised the trolling motor and headed back to the boat ramp. When I got the boat up to cruising speed this nasty oily water started coming out of the trolling motor. It covered my wife, carpet, and seats. Needless to say I was pissed even more now. I called the salesman on his cell phone and he said bring the boat in and they would take care of it. So Saturday morning I make another 216 mile round trip to drop it off and they wanted to pull it off and send it in for repair. I was expecting them to slap a new motor on it since it was a NEW boat. So far this week I have been back and forth with Minn Kota and the service center and they still want to repair it.
    Last edited by Mocatt; 07-13-2018 at 09:14 AM.

12. Member
    The trolling motor will be basically new. They will replace all the internals in the lower unit. They call it warranty repair, not warranty replace. As long as they cover the repair and it's done right then they did their job. I know it sucks having a new boat and something break on it.

13. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Usually there is always some kind of set back on a new boat, but you prolly already know that. The down time sucks for sure. Phoenix Customer Service is top notch. I'm sure they will respond, but probably not replace trolling motor. If you left the trolling motor with the dealer saturday, it should be on way to repair center by now.
    Best of luck with this. Let us know how it turns out.

14. Member
    Yea bad deal. Policy is policy, but your dealer needs to go to bat for you. The dealer should be making phone calls to get this handled. At least pitch you a loaner t-motor. I would not worry about getting it repaired they will just put a new motor on it. Should be good as new. Sucks though.

15. Member
    The guys at Anglers Port are some really good guys. If trolling motor has been sent back to Minnkota it is out of their hands. If that is the case then they are waiting on Minnkota. I am sure they want Mocatt back on the water as soon as possible too.

16. Member
    Yea I wouldn't take your frustration out on the boat manufacturer. If you live in the DFW area, the local bass cat dealer wouldn't even look at your issue for 3-4 weeks, as they're that backed up, and then probably would be sending the trolling motor in anyway. Minn Kota will correct the issue, I've heard nothing but good reviews on their CS.
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

Little update on the trolling motor issue. Phoenix lived up to there their reputation on giving exceptional customer service. They are sending a new trolling motor to the dealer to install on my new boat!!! THANKS PHOENIX!!!!

18. Member
    Just another case of the New Boat Blues. Most of us have to deal with it sooner or later. The best thing going for you is the fact that it is a Phoenix. Those guys provide the best customer service I've ever experienced. Good luck with the new trolling motor!

19. Member
    Little update on the trolling motor issue. Phoenix lived up to there their reputation on giving exceptional customer service. They are sending a new trolling motor to the dealer to install on my new boat!!! THANKS PHOENIX!!!!

20. Member
    Phoenix Boats customer service is nothing short of AWESOME!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast