Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Binder View Post
    Having problems with my steady cast again. Do the re-calibration and it functions correctly for about ½ hour and then goes crazy. I wish Garmin would correct this issue.
    What software version is loaded into the SteadyCast? Explain the behavior. When you turn and the heading deviates from expected, does it stay off, or does it eventually re-align?
    Garmin Pro Team

2. Member
    After installing the latest update mine started messing up again so I went back to version 2.0 and everything works great now. After I would do the calibration everything would be fine for awhile and then the boat icon would start being slightly sideways while running straight.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

I have a similar issue with a different company, I am planning on starting all electronics on land when not moving to see if it changes anything
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by Pipercub View Post
    After installing the latest update mine started messing up again so I went back to version 2.0 and everything works great now. After I would do the calibration everything would be fine for awhile and then the boat icon would start being slightly sideways while running straight.
    What specific software version was your "latest update" before you went back to 2.0.
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    What specific software version was your "latest update" before you went back to 2.0.
    It was 2.20. I was having the same issues I had with 2.10.

6. Member
    The version software loaded in my SteadyCast is 2.2. What happens is it loses calibration, by up to 30 degrees or more. I’ve tried to manually fine-tune it or auto calibrate the SteadyCast and nothing seems to work until I go through the full calibration procedure. Sometimes it will hold calibration for a day or two and sometimes it will lose the calibration in an hour. It never returns to normal until I do the full calibration procedure. I have called Garmin and now have a case number for the issue. The question I continually get asked, have I verified the location for magnetic interference. The answer is yes. I have also tried three different locations on the boat all at the same outcomes.
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

7. Member
    Having the same issues. This last update REALLY screwed up my units. Side View, Mapping, steady cast, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    I have a similar issue with a different company, I am planning on starting all electronics on land when not moving to see if it changes anything
    By starting on land without waves, or movement my issue was reduced by about 95%
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

9. Member
    I've got a case number for my SteadyCast issues. Garmin asked me to download a couple files and send them the data. It will be interesting to see where this goes, I'll keep you all posted. So far the Support Center has been excellent to work with.
    Garmin & Minn Kota

10. Member
    TTT. Any resolution on this?

11. Member
    Shortly after downloading some files from the Chartplotter and sending them to Garmin, they asked if I would return to steady cast so engineering could analyze the device. So I did, I returned the SteadyCast and after a few email exchanges Garmin sent me a new SteadyCast. Things are now working as they should. I thought Garmin technical support was excellent. From the beginning I got the feeling they really wanted to help me get things corrected.
    Garmin & Minn Kota

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    .....sounds like some excellent CS....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234