Yeah or no on buying a V20?

With all the talk about Legend and from what I heard Legend is now only making the V20. Love the V20 but if they go out a business and there’s a problem with the hull of the boat then what. The V20 is my dream boat but before I invest $70k in a boat there’s so many what if’s. What would you guys do? The only other boat I’m interested in is a Phoenix 20 PHX

2. Member
    I can not answer the hull question but everything I have read they will not be building the Legend any more after 2019. I am not sure anyone would want to just quit doing warranty work after shutting down a model.

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Agreed ... WRMG should cover any warranty issues. Only worry would be if the hull had to be replaced, but I've only heard of a few across most brands in the last 30yrs. I don't think I would let it stop me if I wanted one.

4. Member
    Don't throw dirt on Legend just yet. Legend was not at all on my radar. I was going to buy a Ranger 520c or L but after siting in one I just wasn't impressed at all. Saw a Phoenix 920 and liked it better but wanted to see a Phx which led me to Wedowee Marine. Walked right past the Legend to crawl in what I thought was my 20 PHX but decided to look at the V20 while I was there. Needless to say after going over both boats I just liked the V20. One of the things I liked was no plastic trim to fade or crack hence no parts to become obsolete, everything is glass and glass can be repaired. If it's trashed beyond repair and Legend is no more then I'll take my insurance check and buy something else. The deck is massive and storage is too. Fit and finish was better and the trailer pulls like a dream. I couldn't be more pleased with it so far and also love the new Merc V8. I hope JM doesn't let a bunch of bean counters end a "Legend".

5. Member
    If legend stops producing boats wwmg has to cover warranty issues l. I have been assured this.

6. Member
    Listen to your gut.

I would buy another one without hesitation.
    Ricky Rutherford
    2017 Legend V20
    2017 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    All Legend warranty is done in Streetman, tx. Randy is not going anywhere. He is several other boat manufacture's authorized fiberglass repair center.
    2013 A211 250 Pro XS
    Bob"s 10" Action Series Hydraulic Jack Plate
    2-8' Power Poles

I wouldn't buy another one...Go with the Phoenix...Their customer service is 2nd to none and it is a brand that will be around for a long time to come...

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CoopsLegend211 View Post
    All Legend warranty is done in Streetman, tx. Randy is not going anywhere. He is several other boat manufacture's authorized fiberglass repair center.
    I wonder is the shop independent or is it now a warranty place for all WRMG fiberglass work?

11. Member
    I would be more worried about replacing that touchpad if they go out of business. You can find a fiberglass man, but that exact touchpad may not be as easy to find. Im also talking about 5-6 years down the road if they do go out of business. I ask a dealer this exact question and his answer was I GUESS you would be able to find one. They are great boats. I enjoyed the one I had. I'm just relaying my concern. Good luck.

12. Member
    If your worried about finding replacement parts only things to buy would be the omnibus brain box and the touchpads. Everything else is outsourced by vendors. As far as the fiberglass warranty goes anything pre buyout goes to Randy Qualls at his streetman TX shop (previous owner of legend and this was factored in at time of sale). All other work from post buyout any whitewater marine group facility can take care of it. Best boat on the market. You'll be covered if anything were to happen. Dont hesitate if a Legend is what you like.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005tritontr186 View Post
    With all the talk about Legend and from what I heard Legend is now only making the V20. Love the V20 but if they go out a business and there’s a problem with the hull of the boat then what. The V20 is my dream boat but before I invest $70k in a boat there’s so many what if’s. What would you guys do? The only other boat I’m interested in is a Phoenix 20 PHX
    My local dealer has a new 2017 with a 250XS for the low $60,000. PM me if you are interested.

14. Member
    You might want to check out one of the ones that are already on a showroom floor. You also might want to call a dealer to see if they are still taking orders for the V20.
    Last edited by Sports1; 07-05-2018 at 09:58 AM.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieV20 View Post
    If your worried about finding replacement parts only things to buy would be the omnibus brain box and the touchpads. Everything else is outsourced by vendors. As far as the fiberglass warranty goes anything pre buyout goes to Randy Qualls at his streetman TX shop (previous owner of legend and this was factored in at time of sale). All other work from post buyout any whitewater marine group facility can take care of it. Best boat on the market. You'll be covered if anything were to happen. Dont hesitate if a Legend is what you like.
    I've been told this but also been told this same company out of canada teleflex (magnatec electro?) also supplies triton with their touch pads and the ranger brainbox's so maybe they could retro fit something?

you could replace the touchpad/omnibus with anything - like a fusebox/manual switches - its just digital switches. It would be a bit time consuming, but you basically have the same type of wiring harness as most other boats. just lop off the connectors and wire in switches. The front remote pad would take a few extra wires, but still not that big of a deal.

17. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    ... its just digital switches.
    Digital is correct, discrete / analog switches require a new wiring harness from the switch to the accessory. Some Champion owners have had to address not being able to get replacement MegaLink controllers (mounted in the battery compartment) nor the keypad. The replacement kit is about $1300.00 and if you're not mechanically or electrically inclined, I've heard owners talking about $1000.00 or more to swap the system out.