Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyBug View Post
    If you have a long no wake zone allows you to take foot off throttle, I us it when loading. I can stand up and see far better than sitting down.
    Oh...thanks

I think a lot of guys are wanting to go with a 4 stroke too! Tired of adding oil. Are at least that’s what is hurting G2 sales in my neck of the woods.

3. Member
    As mentioned, Long idle zones make it nice to switch. Some folks don’t like hotfoots either. Another thing is rough water for me. If you fish any waters that get rough the hand throttle is more predictable. The electronic hotfoot is VERY responsive. So if you over over a roller and when you land your toe accidentally touches the pedal you’ll have a revelation you may not be ready for! I did this once and immediately switched to hand throttle. When I got home I moved the pedal back further to get some more forgiveness in case that ever happened again. Never had trouble. But there isn’t hardly any lag in the electronic hotfoot like most are used to from the old t&h models. Now that I’ve got used to it I really like it! As far as the oil deal, after the first 8 hours mine didn’t burn much oil. Also the oil reservoir is in the top of the motor on g2’s which frees up a lot of space in the rear end and makes no mess!

4. Member
    you can use the troll control feature on merc monitor for long no wake zones. set RPM to 1000 and it will be pushing the no wake regs.

5. Member
    What happens on the G2 electric steering under power loss?
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    What happens on the G2 electric steering under power loss?
    Nothing really just reverts to manual steering which is no big deal. Had it happen once and only reason I noticed was because screen displayed steering error. Boated rest of day.

7. Member
    Thats becuase other than guys getting a engine deal from G2 no one else wants them. Those guys order their boats.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetail19 View Post
    Thats becuase other than guys getting a engine deal from G2 no one else wants them. Those guys order their boats.
    I'm sure there must be a translation to this message some place...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12