Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why so few Phoenix with G2 ?

I don't understand the lack of Phoenix/G2 combo rigs stocked by dealers ? There must be very few Evinrude dealers that Phoenix has as dealers.
    Like to have a Phoenix but a G2 is a must.

2. Member
    Pool 10

3. Member
    I asked my dealer the same thing and he said Black on the back sells. I ordered mine but want to go back up in size.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TBBasser View Post
    I asked my dealer the same thing and he said Black on the back sells. I ordered mine but want to go back up in size.
    This right here. You'll be hard pressed to find lot inventory have something other than a merc on the back. A few dealers will order sho's(if they're available) but it's rare.
    I was told by a dealer the couple thousand in price difference between the 2s pro xs and the sho and g2 made it hard to sell to your average lot shopper and if someone wanted a g2 they would order a boat.
    Blows my mind that a couple thousand extra on a 70k boat would make a difference but it apparently does.

Many guys dont want to run a foreign motor as well. The guys that can choose based on their boat brand anyway. The Merc will sell better than the Evinrude regardless.

6. Banned
    My last Merc was made in Mexico. According to there web page 100% of ETEC's are made in the US. https://www.evinrude.com/en-US/our-h...our-story.html

So its not a foreign :-)

7. Member
    If you think about it there's not a lot of g2 engines on any boats besides ranger, and that's probably because of the ranger/flw/evinrude stuff
    Eastern Kentucky University
    2003 Stratos 200 Pro XL
    2003 Evinrude 225 HO

8. Member
    It's pretty simple, Mercurys are cheaper, a little less than a SHO and a lot less than a G-2.

9. Member
    Im glad I ordered my '18 21PHX w/ G2....its a beast....well worth the extra cheese for me.Plus I don't have any scheduled maintenance for 500hrs....that should offset the extra cost

10. Member
    When I was pricing boats sho was 2000 more and the g2 was 5000 or 6000 more can’t remember!
    Shimano and Gloomis kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    It's pretty simple, Mercurys are cheaper, a little less than a SHO and a lot less than a G-2.
    Bingo

12. Banned
    I agree price can be a real deterrent. However for me I chose the G2 for two reasons, I wanted the power steering option, and the ability to change between hotfoot and throttle as needed. I guess the fact I could change the color appealed to my vanity as well LOL

Quote Originally Posted by UglyBug View Post
    I agree price can be a real deterrent. However for me I chose the G2 for two reasons, I wanted the power steering option, and the ability to change between hotfoot and throttle as needed. I guess the fact I could change the color appealed to my vanity as well LOL
    Been able to do that with a Verado for years...just fyi

14. Banned
    True but I won't have a 4 stroke on my boat.

Both of the boats I've had G2s on sold quickly...Awesome motors...

16. Member
    Once you experience the electronic steering, electronic hot foot, and the acceleration of a G2, it makes the others seem less attractive. Especially when you get a 10 year warranty. G2’s got a lot going for it!

17. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I thought about a G2 and I actually did have a Verado ordered for my 2016 921. Then found out an "Authorized Verado Tech" only had to work on it and there wasn't any for miles, so I cancelled it.

As for the G2...The nearest G2 dealer was just over an hour away, which I could deal with but didn't want to have to take my boat to 2 different places to get stuff done on it.
    So I got the SHO and haven't looked back. It's a beast too ya know, just no fancy power steering and the the other stuff.

G2 guys, please school me... Why would anyone ever want to switch between hotfoot & throttle? All I can think of is that it might help resale if a throttle only guy wants to buy it (I know a few throttle guys). Hopefully, I'm missing something, but I never wished I had a throttle on any boat I've owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    I thought about a G2 and I actually did have a Verado ordered for my 2016 921. Then found out an "Authorized Verado Tech" only had to work on it and there wasn't any for miles, so I cancelled it.

As for the G2...The nearest G2 dealer was just over an hour away, which I could deal with but didn't want to have to take my boat to 2 different places to get stuff done on it.
    So I got the SHO and haven't looked back. It's a beast too ya know, just no fancy power steering and the the other stuff.

G2 guys, please school me... Why would anyone ever want to switch between hotfoot & throttle? All I can think of is that it might help resale if a throttle only guy wants to buy it (I know a few throttle guys). Hopefully, I'm missing something, but I never wished I had a throttle on any boat I've owned.

Speaking from the Verado standpoint (since they did it first). Some guys prefer one over the other. Long runs some guys want the hand over the foot to keep from having fatigue having that pedal mashed down.

I use it when I have a shitty ramp and boat wants to slide down all the time. Switch over to hand and give it a little throttle and let it sit there while I hook the strap up and crank it down. No problem then.

Part of that whole system is the digital throttle, hydraulic steering assist and whatever the actual G2 adds to their features. I think a trim feature is in theirs as well. Several features to those systems besides the selectable hand/foot throttle.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21xTriton05 View Post
    Bingo
    X2

20. Banned
    [QUOTE=Fidgetcranker;9486726

G2 guys, please school me... Why would anyone ever want to switch between hotfoot & throttle? All I can think of is that it might help resale if a throttle only guy wants to buy it (I know a few throttle guys). Hopefully, I'm missing something, but I never wished I had a throttle on any boat I've owned.[/QUOTE]

If you have a long no wake zone allows you to take foot off throttle, I us it when loading. I can stand up and see far better than sitting down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast