Bass fishing near Summerville

My fiance lives in Summerville and I was wondering what might be close by to bass fish? I would be pulling my boat down from Virginia and wanted to maybe try it sometime. I feel like maybe trying Marion or Moultrie but, is there something closer to Summerville that is good too?

2. Member
    Cooper River is very close. I don't get to fish it much but there are some hogs in there.

3. Member
    Would you go there or just go up to Marion or Moultrie? I have never fished a tidal river before.

4. Member
    Learn to fish tidal water. There’s some good fishing in the Cooper.

5. Member
    If I were in your shoes, I would go to the river. The few times that I have fished it, it was pretty well marked and seemed safe to run in. Even with the tide fluctuations. Plus there is a pretty good resteraunt (Gilligans) that you can pull up to and eat lunch. Both lakes are pretty scary to run in with all the stumps.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buffaloridge View Post
    Would you go there or just go up to Marion or Moultrie? I have never fished a tidal river before.

The summertime bite is a lot better in the Cooper river. It's tough on the Santee Lakes this time of year.

On the Cooper, you can pretty much run the bank and beat it with a worm... and still have a sack of fish. Might be small ones but you will catch fish. You just have to fish the tides - which doesn't take long to figure out how it works. If you are running a bank and there is any type of eddy or cut in the bank... good chance one is sitting in there.

8. Member
    Thank you all very much for the help. I do believe I will try the river. Hopefully can bring the boat with me the next time I am down there.

9. Member
    When you know when you’re coming shoot me a PM.... if I’m around, you’re welcomed to jump in the back of my boat.