Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any danger of Helix Gen 3 coming soon?

Looking to purchase Helix7 SI just making sure the next thing isn't on the horizon not because I need the newest but making sure I don't miss some good discount. Any exceptional discounts for July 4th? Merica!!!
    1995 Ranger 481VS Commanche
    1995 Mercury Blackmax 150 2.5L XRi

2. Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if they announce something new since Humminbird and Ultrex will be standard on a certain model 2019 Skeeter.

They’re always working on the next generation, and the latest/greatest is always just around the corner. Just like computers that are obsolete when they hit the market. Pretty soon you’ll be able to catch fish on your favorite lake without even leaving your favorite recliner. ;-)
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

Well .... just reading the tea leaves ... the normal life cycle of the core/Helix units has been 2 years. The Helix Mega units were announce in Nov 2016. Not sure when they actually started hitting the streets.
    Since then they came out with the Low Q DI transducer and Mega down imaging units....That was in July 2017 ...
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texmex03 View Post
    Looking to purchase Helix7 SI just making sure the next thing isn't on the horizon not because I need the newest but making sure I don't miss some good discount. Any exceptional discounts for July 4th? Merica!!!
    They are waiting for you to confirm your purchase before releasing the next one.
    Please release me,let me go.

They are very good at controlling the rumor mill .... there is normally very little to no information prior to the official release of a new product.

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

7. Member
    Just bought a Gen 2 Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS combo and found the best price after checking numerous places.

PM me if you want one for $604.57 with free shipping.

Perhaps the addition of a great new feature called “non jumping digital depth” or “NJDD” will be announced soon? Imagine that, ACTUALLY KNOWING your current depth without going into epileptic seizure when you are in 15 ft of water or less.......AMAZING NEW BREAKTHROUGH!!!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak16 View Post
    They are waiting for you to confirm your purchase before releasing the next one.
    That's what happened to me. Bought Gen 1 units in October 2016. Mega came out a couple of months later.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    Perhaps the addition of a great new feature called “non jumping digital depth” or “NJDD” will be announced soon? Imagine that, ACTUALLY KNOWING your current depth without going into epileptic seizure when you are in 15 ft of water or less.......AMAZING NEW BREAKTHROUGH!!!!
    They can’t fix a carbon interface issue

Grape vine says something is coming later in the year but no one has leaked any details yet

11. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

These units are like any other electronic device, they instantly start working on the next model right away. My "new" Solix 15's won't be the biggest and baddest units Humminbird makes for long.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak16 View Post

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    lol wouldn't that be great!
    2013 Skeeter MX1825 with Yammy F150 & Garmin Ultra 106sv & LVS34 Livescope

"My hotfoot pedal goes to 11"

13. Member
    I heard Onix 2 will be released soon, jk

14. Member
    They come out with a new unit every year. This is nothing new. My local store is selling off all of his current G2’s (as he does every year) to make room for the new stiff coming out.

If you can wait, you’ll start noticeing the G2’s be discounted shortly so you can either buy them at a discount or buy the latest and greatest in a few months which may have a few new features.

IMO, these graphs have got into a lifecycle similar to computers. As soon as you set them up, they’re already obsolete.

Yes, the helix is due. A new solix is also rumored, but that would be surprising only a year into the line. Normal life cycle is more than a year usually with humminbird.

a new unit does not make your current unit obsolete. It’s not like it suddenly stops working or something.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisntab View Post
    I heard Onix 2 will be released soon, jk
    The SOLIX is the ONIX 2
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I’d hope to see something updating or replacing the 360 to compete with garmin livescope and the new stuff from low - I forget what it’s called but similar to livescope

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Had a buddy today looking at a new skeeter. Said dealer asked if he wanted gen 2 or gen 3 units on the boat. Said they had demo’d the gen 3 units and the sonar improvements were very noticeable. Is the gen 3 out there already? Or is this local dealer blowing smoke??

19. Member
    I have recently heard of a Gen 3 and new solix 2... also something about a "DS".... but he wasnt sure what the "DS" is though.

20. Member
    I heard something about the Gen3 Helix and possible Live scope. Maybe the "DS" is the live scope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast