Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody running a CB Foil on a Puma ?

I have an 07 with 250 Pro XS and Gen 1 TM. Just wondering if anyone has seen a noticeable difference with the foil. I have a 26P Fury worked by Ronnie Gilbert that really made it better but could still use a little extra help in summer months with a load.

2. Member
    I have one on the way right now. It should be here sometime next week. Ill let you know how it works out.

3. Member
    Sounds great. Thanks

I use the Allison planning foil on my cougar, work damn good
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Member
    Finally tried it out yesterday. After my prop work from R. Gilbert my hole shot was around 4.5-5 seconds. Thats 2 people, both tanks 3/4 full, and tackle. I put the foil on and ran yesterday with the same load and the same person in the boat. Hole shot went to 3.2-3.5. I would say its well worth it. I fish the Sabine river down here in Orange, so I fish a lot of shallow water. With the foil I don't get near as much bow lift coming out of the hole as I did before, which is really the main reason I wanted it.

6. Member
    What is the foil? I am unfamiliar with this.

7. Banned
    its a ad on that goes onto the lower unit of your engine. Ppl are continuously adding more and more weight to the backs of their boats and now looking for any kind of modification/after market ad on to get performance back. Best mod out there in my opinion, if one insists on adding poles is a hydraulic plate and modifying the prop with extra holes. I use talon brackets on my PP because you can tuck those brackets up against the hull. They don't grab water during take off like PP brackets do. Nor do they bend. Hope it helps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Phisherman; 07-09-2018 at 01:18 PM.

I just ordered a 4 blade 24 Fury for my Puma......hope it helps.

Love the boat, hate the hole shot. I guess my PII spoiled me

cant wait to try the Fury4 this weekend. If that doesn't do I'll be back looking for more info on the Foil
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

9. Member
    Yep looking for more hole shot.

Im running the fury 25 three blade. All the holes open.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laflur6 View Post
    Finally tried it out yesterday. After my prop work from R. Gilbert my hole shot was around 4.5-5 seconds. Thats 2 people, both tanks 3/4 full, and tackle. I put the foil on and ran yesterday with the same load and the same person in the boat. Hole shot went to 3.2-3.5. I would say its well worth it. I fish the Sabine river down here in Orange, so I fish a lot of shallow water. With the foil I don't get near as much bow lift coming out of the hole as I did before, which is really the main reason I wanted it.

Thats what hat I wanted to hear. I fish allot of shallow tidal water so a good hole shot is a must. Only drawback is insurance claims down the road saying that the lower unit was “modified” potentially. I don’t think it will hold me back. Thanks so much for the report! ��

11. Member
    A 4 blade will help hole shot, but dropping down a pitch will help more.
    Regardless of opinion, a foil will help the hole shot, and bow lift at slower speeds. If your going to get one, don't get the big plastic whale tails. Get a Chris Baily Foil. He is a BBC sponsor.
    Not only do they work, but can be customized.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

12. Member
    I tried having the holes drilled. It did absolutely nothing for me. I have a hyd. plate. The prop work and the CB foil made all the difference in the world. I even tried a 25P Fury 4. The prop work by R. Gilbert on my 25p Fury 3 blade and the CB foil were the best combo by far for me.

How much are they?
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    How much are they?
    cbailey2798@gmail.com

He will send you all the info.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

15. Member
    You can get them for around $200.00. It just depends on what options you want. I will say, it was money well spent for me!

16. Member
    Now that we have hyjacked this post.
    Was is the all mighty. BCB take on a foil? I know y’all have tried them. Y’all try everything.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

17. Member
    I would like to hear BCB s opinion too if they would give it.

18. Member
    Put a CB foil on my 06 Verado which is on my 06 Puma.

After trying all kinds of different props, plug configurations and pitches I settled on a High 5 23 pitch. This combo came off the Mercury Prop configurator.

Full gas, full livewells, 2 big guys and a ton of tackle the bow breaks really quick. The bow is up and down in 3 or 4 seconds.

The foil made all the difference in my opinion. Cost was around $210 and it was custom made for the Verado. It looks like it is part of the motor.

Highly recommend

John

19. Banned
    After installing a pair of 15' Talons I am looking into foils to offset the bow lift and nose bouncing.
    The CB Foil looks the best by far as :
    1. Flat surface that doesn't create lift as the speed increases. The boat is fine at speed
    2. Placement of the foil places any load on the main body of the lower unit. (Other foils put lift on the aft end of the cavitation plate)

I will post my findings when I get the CB foil installed.

20. Member
    I have ordered mine as well. Chris is very easy to deal with and I expect to have my foil in the next couple weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast