2 into 1 waterproof connection?

Anyone know how to make a 2 into 1 splice waterproof? I have a license plate light that is spliced into the tail light wire and I want to re-wire the trailer but am having trouble finding a solution.

Solder, tar like goop and heat shrinks, but the quick taps are so not waterproof that they dry out...
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Liquid Electrical Tape
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    They make special Y-transition heat shrink but it is not cheap. I would just use the liquid electrical tape like CatFan said.

They make a water proof two into one connection. Check any of the marine wire companies.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    Put two wires on one side of the splice, one wire on the other (may need a larger splice). Slide piece of heat shrink down the wire before you install (properly) the splice. After installing the splice, paint the ends of it and some of the wire with Liquid Electric Tape. Slide the heat shrink over the goo, and heat it. If some LET comes out, it will be hermetically sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Put two wires on one side of the splice, one wire on the other (may need a larger splice). Slide piece of heat shrink down the wire before you install (properly) the splice. After installing the splice, paint the ends of it and some of the wire with Liquid Electric Tape. Slide the heat shrink over the goo, and heat it. If some LET comes out, it will be hermetically sealed.
    I do it all the time without the Liquid tape.. Just be sure to use marine grade shrink tube it has an adhesive inside.. when done correctly you can see the adhesive seal on each end of the tube..