Question Philpott Drained?

Haven't read of anyone going to the Pot in a long time have they drained it or has everyone quit fishing it?
    Rocket

It's summertime and HOT, might as well watch the grass grow as fish Philpott.

3. Member
    They are biting good right now. Just go at night. I have heard lots of comments lately from people wanting to drain it to see if there is a fish in it or not. It can be very fun and rewarding and then some nights it is difficult to catch a limit of line burners. I wouldn't know what to do during the day right now but, I am sure they are catchable.

4. Member
    Thanks to all for your response I haven't fished it but a handful of times in 20yrs. It used to be my favorite lake.
    Rocket

5. Member
    Nothing wrong with Philpott...it's just tough sometimes. I live in Charlotte NC now, but originally from Bassett. I fish there 5-6 times a year. Last time there was this past May, around Mother' Day. Fished 3 days and put over 50 good fish in the boat (average at least 15 each time out). Good fish to me..around 2-3 pounds. Fished one night for 4 hours with brother and we had 10 good fish. It was hot and in the 90's.