Skeeter boat covers

Who makes Skeeters boat covers?

2. Member
    Skeeter

3. Member
    They are a great cover, they fit perfect. I tow with mine on and it is flawless. No chafe or anything from the cover.

4. Member
    I am not a fan of mine...The ratchets are located in a velcro pocket that should have had the flap open from the bottom instead of the top. They let rain water in and the ratchets are corroding badly. The cover is black and makes it unbearably hot inside when covered and left in the sun for my boat and its contents. I can't leave my boat at my camper in the summer and have to bring it home to my garage for storage. It does fit like a glove and I like the velcro flaps that give you access to the fuel cap and to the ignition....those are the only good points in my opinion...one more bad point is that the ratchet strap hooks are of bare metal and I had to coat them with plastic dip to keep them from dinging and scratching my gel coat.

5. Member
    Personally it's the best darn cover I have ever had. I use it for travel and when I have to store the boat outside over night after fishing. I store my boat inside and I have never used a cover. Once I did on another boat, it was a canvas cover that was suppose to let the air circulated. It was a fin boat with a wood floor. Well it bakes darn good when you store a covered boat inside and my foot went through the floor. I just put a cheap very long tarp loosely over the boat now when I store it inside. Keeps the dust out along with not letting moisture build up. I have yet to find a perfect outside boat cover, they all have a fault or two. As for the ratchet spray some lube on it. I don't have metal strap hooks with my cover. So not sure what that is about. Anyways everyone likes to cover there boat in a way that works for them. But the skeeter cover to me is top notch and mostly a travel cover not a everyday storage cover.

6. Member
    Question about the Skeeter cover, I just got one for my 2014 TZX 195. Judging by the pics I was expecting some type of branding but mine is solid black with no branding. It was supposed to take 5-6 weeks but got here in about 1.5, which would normally be great but to me it feels like a left over aurora cover or something? The engine cover was supposed to have branding but is a blank black cover.

Lastly, I know these travel covers are supposed to be snug but man...I can't get mine on at all. It's about 6" away from fully going over the stern. I may be able to get one side on but I really don't think I could get the other side on...unless they're really supposed to be THAT tight.

7. Member
    I have no branding on the boat cover. You need a really hot day when you first get it or at least I did. My motor cover has the side branding like the motor but no horsepower numbers. Both covers are black.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    I am not a fan of mine...The ratchets are located in a velcro pocket that should have had the flap open from the bottom instead of the top. They let rain water in and the ratchets are corroding badly. The cover is black and makes it unbearably hot inside when covered and left in the sun for my boat and its contents. I can't leave my boat at my camper in the summer and have to bring it home to my garage for storage. It does fit like a glove and I like the velcro flaps that give you access to the fuel cap and to the ignition....those are the only good points in my opinion...one more bad point is that the ratchet strap hooks are of bare metal and I had to coat them with plastic dip to keep them from dinging and scratching my gel coat.
    change your ratchets to stainless.. skeeter has made this change as well.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpetro1010 View Post
    Question about the Skeeter cover, I just got one for my 2014 TZX 195. Judging by the pics I was expecting some type of branding but mine is solid black with no branding. It was supposed to take 5-6 weeks but got here in about 1.5, which would normally be great but to me it feels like a left over aurora cover or something? The engine cover was supposed to have branding but is a blank black cover.

Lastly, I know these travel covers are supposed to be snug but man...I can't get mine on at all. It's about 6" away from fully going over the stern. I may be able to get one side on but I really don't think I could get the other side on...unless they're really supposed to be THAT tight.
    they are tight. make sure your trolling motor shaft is up as far as it will go

10. Member
    place the nose of the cover on the front of the boat, roll out cover all the way to the transom (don't forget to install you 2 adjustable supports.) Then make sure both ratchets on both sides are good and loose. Next go attach your covers rear hooks to the transom hold downs on either side of your outboard. Now go grab a corner of the cover in the rear (that goes over the sponsons at the rear of the boat) pull down over the first sponsons then go to the other side and do the same. It is tight but it will pull down, the trick is to hook the cover hooks first then pull the rear cover down.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bugmaniac52 View Post
    they are tight. make sure your trolling motor shaft is up as far as it will go
    Ah, I think my trolling motor is about as far down as it will go. I'll make that adjustment!

Also, in case anyone is wondering, I asked my dealer about the branding. Apparently the years '08-'14 didn't come with branding. At least that is what he was told.

Cheers!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    place the nose of the cover on the front of the boat, roll out cover all the way to the transom (don't forget to install you 2 adjustable supports.) Then make sure both ratchets on both sides are good and loose. Next go attach your covers rear hooks to the transom hold downs on either side of your outboard. Now go grab a corner of the cover in the rear (that goes over the sponsons at the rear of the boat) pull down over the first sponsons then go to the other side and do the same. It is tight but it will pull down, the trick is to hook the cover hooks first then pull the rear cover down.
    Why I bother to even type this stuff out....

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpetro1010 View Post

Did you order the cover from Skeeter?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    They are a great cover, they fit perfect. I tow with mine on and it is flawless. No chafe or anything from the cover.
    I have a 2017 TZX 18. I have a tough time trying to figure out the best set up for the cover. What position do you put your seats in when you put the cover on. My dealer said to put the sit down seat up front on the small pole and the stand up seat by itself in the floor mount hole in the back , just the seat no pole. Does this sound right to you? What do you guys do? Thanks!

15. Member
    Front pro seat (butt seat) store the pole from that in a compartment. Put the butt seat back by itself into the hole that the pole goes into. I personally dont use the front butt seat at all so i dont have to do anything upfront. Now for the rear, just take seat off pole, store pole and place rear seat in the rear seat hole. So basically all yout doing is not using the poles the seats are on.

16. Member
    So no poles just put the seats by themselves in the holes! I'll try that because the way the dealer said it was really hard to get the front to fit right.

17. Member
    YES, NO POLES. It will work perfect. Also one tip, after you roll out cover from front to back hook the stainless hooks FIRST to the transom tie downs, then pull/slide cover down over the sponsons in the rear. Obviously make sure ratchet straps are loose before hand. It is a tight fit over the sponsons but it will fit perfect if you follow my advice.

18. Member
    Thank You sounds good.

19. Member
    bgibson, you have it pegged.