Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hubert davis View Post
    Just wondering how the 26 promax and ET preformed on your boat as far as hole shot , mid and top end?
    I am running a bassport with 300xs and 1.75 lower. I have run neither prop to top end. The 26 Promax has a pretty good hole shot. It has one of the smaller flare rings that Robbie put on and has Allison cut blades that Robbie did. It still over revs out of the hole like most Promax props but the flare ring helps some. Really quick prop. I’ve run it to mid 80’s but I don’t run much faster than that ever. Mid range is really good.

I would say the E.T. runs similar to above? With a couple of exceptions. Hole shot is similar to Promax. The E.T. has more stern lift it feels like. The hole boat feels lighter with this prop than any other I have run. Great mid range. Don’t know top end capabilities. My props and boat are more capable of higher top end numbers than I am...... LOL!!
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

2. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    That 1.75 lower should spin the blades off that 26P ProMax. I finally got a chance to run my 28P ProMax that Billy Eaves built for me and it is quick out of the hole with no over revving or bow in the air. And that is with my 1.62 sporty. I think I remember you saying you run small props due to the places you boat, correct?
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    That 1.75 lower should spin the blades off that 26P ProMax. I finally got a chance to run my 28P ProMax that Billy Eaves built for me and it is quick out of the hole with no over revving or bow in the air. And that is with my 1.62 sporty. I think I remember you saying you run small props due to the places you boat, correct?
    That is somewhat correct. Usually I am tournament fishing so I have lots of fuel, tackle and full live wells (sometime). When I had the 1.62’s in, I need smaller props to make hole shot acceptable. Also- on Lanier, not much opportunity to really stretch it out. It’s too chopped up, to busy, lots of running and gunning. Quicker to speed was just better for me. Plus, I am still not comfortable running much more than mid 80’s. Now with the 1.75’s, I am selling most of the smaller props.

You are correct though, it will definitely spin that 26 Promax and the 26 ET..... it’s a quick setup.

4. Member
    OK, I'm late to the party I see. I just picked up Geoff's work 27 Promax and had the same issues with the 28 in that I just could get on pad with it. We determined that I'm just to ass heavy with the poles, 4 batteries, etc. and it's like I'm fighting a wall of water. The 26 Bravo 1 XS has no problem and gets on pad quick, but that has 8 PVS holes. SOOOO I would hate to send this proven 27 that Geoff had to 92 worked again to get me on pad...would this 26 be my answer? Thank you
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

Quote Originally Posted by tap_tap_boom View Post
    OK, I'm late to the party I see. I just picked up Geoff's work 27 Promax and had the same issues with the 28 in that I just could get on pad with it. We determined that I'm just to ass heavy with the poles, 4 batteries, etc. and it's like I'm fighting a wall of water. The 26 Bravo 1 XS has no problem and gets on pad quick, but that has 8 PVS holes. SOOOO I would hate to send this proven 27 that Geoff had to 92 worked again to get me on pad...would this 26 be my answer? Thank you
    Responded to PM

6. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    Indeed it did. Didn’t know if perhaps the mean moderator would frown upon me posting here?? Too late now.
    Still have a 26 promax and a 26 E.T. if anyone is interested.
    What you talkin bout Willis?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12