Has anyone used SEM vinyl paint?

Or any similar product? Something got on passenger side of bench seat and it looks like it took the top shiny part of the upholstery off. It’s just a few spots, like something spilled or something. I think it was water from livewell with catch and release in it but I wouldn’t think it would do that...????? Not near bad enough to re upholster but I’d like to touch up if possible. Several reviews for it look good but wondered if anyone had tried it before. Also it may be for the whole seat and not just a touch up. Looks like water beaded up on car paint and leaves spots, not a solid area. Here’s the link.
    https://www.smsdistributors.com/prod...ine-vinyl-coat

Also if anyone knows of something that would work by all means let me know.
    Thanks for reading and any info will greatly be appreciated!
    Here’s pics, not great but....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ChoogieChunker; 07-01-2018 at 03:20 PM.

'91 Skeeter 200SX Yamaha 200.
    It's hard to stumble when you're on your knees.

2. Member
    I just used SEM Vinyl paint for headrests on my Ranger seats. I decided to change the color. I followed the instructions to a T. I used the cleaner and Vinyl Prep, I probably put 8 coats not eh headrests being careful to spray light coats and let them thoroughly dry.

Og course headrests are not something most would ever sit on, I rarely take contact with them myself but I wanted to be sure an follow instructions precisely.

When done they looked great, Still do. HOWEVER, I carry aerosol Sun protection in my boat. This week I sprayed my sons back with the sun spray. He sat in the back fold down chair and when he got up, he a clack smudged of paint on his back..... My guess is the aerosol sun screen has something in it that does not Like SEM. I tested the headrest with standard sunscreen and it did not affect the paint.

I have to say the paint really does look like it is dyed. Very nice finish but I am now a bit gun-shy of the paint on surfaces I would sit on.

3. Member
    Yes it’s not that bad. Just bothers me since the ‘91 seats lol so good otherwise. Most any touch up would probably look worse than it does now. Just thought someone might know a good fix. The SEM seems like to redo a whole solid area like your headrest.

'91 Skeeter 200SX Yamaha 200.
    It's hard to stumble when you're on your knees.