Kissimmee Tournament 6.30.2018 Camp Mack - Mega Weights

Toha Marine-Bartow Ford Elite Team Trail Results at Camp Mack-Guy Harvey Resorts!!!
    1st Schroeder&Schroeder 32.12lbs
    2nd Byrd& Gynn 31.04lbs
    3rd Evans & Fitzgerald 30.77lbs
    4th Conant&Foster 30.30lbs
    5th Bowen&Rackett 29.60lbs
    6th Johnson&Cornelius 29.16lbs
    7th Goble&Hendren 28.59lbs
    8th Williams&Davis 28.37lbs
    9th Johns&Riddling 27.83lbs
    10th Porter&Howe 26.43lbs
    Big Bass Byrd&Gynn 11.44lbs
    13 Trophy Catches!!!!
    Current: 2014 Sportsman Masters 207/150 Yamaha
    9 previous Rangers

2. Member
    great weights!

3. Banned
    Over 26# and get 10th. SON !

4. Member
    Great weights! Since when did everyone start calling fish trophy catches? Trophy catch is the propaganda program the FWC uses to tell everyone what a great job their spraying is doing. " Look, all our spraying is making the fishing better, see all the trophy catches".
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

Quote Originally Posted by MARK R View Post
    Great weights! Since when did everyone start calling fish trophy catches? Trophy catch is the propaganda program the FWC uses to tell everyone what a great job their spraying is doing. " Look, all our spraying is making the fishing better, see all the trophy catches".
    Now..now Mark,don’t be exposing that “wonderful “ program

6. Banned
    [QUOTE=MARK R;9474513]Great weights! Since when did everyone start calling fish trophy catches? Trophy catch is the propaganda program the FWC uses to tell everyone what a great job their spraying is doing. " Look, all our spraying is making the fishing better, see all the trophy catches".[/QUOTE

This is why anything over 8 lbs is called a "trophy catch" if you re registered you could win prizes etc and a boat.

https://www.trophycatchflorida.com/g...f-catches.aspx

7. Member
    3.5 hours Monday evening 25 pounds by myself (5-830p). Kissimmee on fire right now.
    9 previous Rangers

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogchunker View Post
    Now..now Mark,don’t be exposing that “wonderful “ program
    Sean, some people don't get it. And they're not going to.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK R View Post
    Sean, some people don't get it. And they're not going to.
    I misunderstood your post, thought you were giving FWC the credit for Kissimmee being so good.
    due to their spraying. I'm a very anti spraying advocate. I attend meetings, pass out literature etc.
    So Yes i do get it.

10. Member
    If the FWC does manage Kissimmee, should they not receive some credit for it producing weights like this?

11. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    They manage all the public waters I believe.. They've just not got around to Kissimmee's mud conversion yet.. It wasn't 5 years ago posts and stories like this were popping up about how great Istokpoga was fishing..

12. Member
    I think one of the reasons Kissimmee is doing so well is the declining Kissimmee grass lines. There is less cover for the fish and therefore easier to find. Word is the lack of hydrilla has the nonindigenous snails are eating all the young Kissimmee grass shoots thus not allowing it to be replenished. The grass on Brahma Island and Philadelphia point have been decimated and there is definitely a decline in grass on the east side of the lake. I am scared the fishery will ultimately crash at some point in time.

13. Member
    Yes do not give them the credit for these recent weights, it will decline as with the loss of healthy vegetation and with the water clarity and lake bottom looking like a biker party porta john, life will start to decline in this lake like it has in many others they have abused by over spraying. I've seen first hand on what they did with the St Johns here at Lake Winder and Poinsett. They have totally destroyed a once great fishery, you cannot go out and find a bass now, since they have they destroyed all non native grasses they now spray anything they can find now, Bullrush, Kissimmee grass it doesn't matter as long as its green. Here was one of the last standing grasses on Winder that the bass used for bedding, I could catch fish here every trip, now its a stinkin mud hole, no fish to be found anywhere. So anyone who thinks the St Johns is doing a great job with our fisheries come on down here and check out what they have done with this part of the St Johns.

14. Member
    The posting on the snails is dead spot on. They are the ones destroying the kissimmee grass. And it has concentrated the bait fish/bluegill in the areas where the grass has been relatively left undamaged. I also think all the rain in May this year kept the lake in a good pattern with the water cooler than normal thus bigger fish staying in the grasslines instead of offshore. Often in June you have four feet of water on the outside edge, almost low pool. It's seven feet right now. I'm also worried about the lake collapsing, it feels like it's coming but I don't blame the spraying as much as environmental factors such as the snails, hurricane, and nutrient overload.
    9 previous Rangers

15. Member
    BTW: small 19 boat July fourth tourney 22.9/22.7/19.8 BF 8.22
    9 previous Rangers

16. Banned
    Rocknemo, a really good, sad video of "water management" at its finest.
    Thanks for sharing
    Hopefully Kissimmee won't implode due to extenuating circumstances( as defined by free dictionary)

17. Member
    We had about 14#....might as well have been 4..lol

18. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Those are really incredible weights. I was always confident if I was bringing anything over 22# to the scales, if it wasn’t bedding time, but these weights are wonderful to see! I haven’t been to Kissimmee since.....04-05 and we would spend all day watching them scoop up hydrilla with those crazy barges.

This is makes me happy just to see Mother Nature fixing our best efforts to destroy her! Like building a dead straight canal from Kissimmee to Okeechobee...didn’t take long to learn that was a horrible idea!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

19. Member
    Not so sure mother nature is winning here, I was down in February and they had sprayed the heck out of it. A lot of fish were concentrated because of the lack of grass and I don't think you can sustain that very long.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
    Not so sure mother nature is winning here, I was down in February and they had sprayed the heck out of it. A lot of fish were concentrated because of the lack of grass and I don't think you can sustain that very long.
    Exactly
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs