Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    We buy the 2.5 gallon water jugs with the spout for drinking water. We have a filter on our water hose for camp water. I still don't like drinking the water from the camp source. We use the camp water for showering and dishes and sometimes cooking.
    We do the same. Just can't bring ourselves to trust it that much..

Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    We buy the 2.5 gallon water jugs with the spout for drinking water. We have a filter on our water hose for camp water. I still don't like drinking the water from the camp source. We use the camp water for showering and dishes and sometimes cooking.
    I had brought a gallon of distilled water for my CPAP. We ended up using that for drinking, cooking, and coffee. Bringing our own water will be part of our plan from now on.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    We got back from our trip yesterday afternoon. What a great success. The only thing I didn't have was a cable television cable. A quick trip to WalMart solved that. I was even able to assist one of our friends who did not have a long enough sewer hose. I had a 20 foot and a ten foot one so I was able to lend him one of mine.

We stayed at Live Oak Landing which is close to Destin, Florida.

The campground was just perfect for a couple of newbies like us. It had full hookups including sewer, water (did not taste good), 30 and 50 amp electric, and cable TV. (Roughing it isn't what it used to be.) We had a back-in site, but it was at an angle to the road so it was easy to get in. My bass boat backing experience paid off.

In spite of the fact that our site was nicely shaded, the July Florida heat made spending too much time outdoors a pretty sweaty affair.

We spent the trip learning how to live together in the small space, but the efficient layout of our trailer (I can't bring myself to call it a camper) made it pretty painless. We learned how to use everything on the trailer with the assistance of some folks on the Jayco owners forum on the web.

The campground is on Black Creek which flows into the Choctawhatchee Bay very near the campground. I wish I had brought a kayak and a couple of rods. One of my favorite parts of the trip was going out in the morning with a cup of coffee and just talking to the other folks parked around us.

Now we have to start planning the next trip. I can't wait. We plan to hit a lot of the Florida state parks this Fall and Winter.
    RVing in the Deep South this time of year can be tough with the heat and humidity. I spent the last week in mine at Gville. Ran both air units almost 24/7 unless I was out fishing. Make a note to have your roof sealed and vents recaulked every 6 months. It makes a huge difference and most warranty’s require it. Also put mouse traps in all your storage bays before winter. Glad you had a positive first experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12