Thread: Few questions

Few questions

OK guys finally decided to pull the trigger on some poles. I have question. I now have a CMC manual jackplate. It is recommended to use the sandwich style brackets for my setup. Has anyone used the brackets that mount to the Atlas style jackplate on the CMC jackplates? Does anyone see a problem with doing so? Will the holes line up? Any help would be awesome. Thanks guys.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lsufan334 View Post
    OK guys finally decided to pull the trigger on some poles. I have question. I now have a CMC manual jackplate. It is recommended to use the sandwich style brackets for my setup. Has anyone used the brackets that mount to the Atlas style jackplate on the CMC jackplates? Does anyone see a problem with doing so? Will the holes line up? Any help would be awesome. Thanks guys.
    You can not sidemount to a CMC jackplate 10 inches or less,( ive heard of guys having enough surface area to drill the 10" or more cmc Plates). CMC is one of the few that can not be sidemounted to you will have to use sandwich mount brackets or get a different jackplate. The brackets are not jackplate specific persay they are more boat make and model specific then jackplate specific. meaning Atlas doesnt use one bracket and slidemaster a different one. the same boat year make and model will use the same sidemount bracket no matter if it is the same inch atlas or slidemaster or other. However as I said you can not sidemount to the CMC due to your large sidebolts and slots.

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    You can not sidemount to a CMC jackplate 10 inches or less,( ive heard of guys having enough surface area to drill the 10" or more cmc Plates). CMC is one of the few that can not be sidemounted to you will have to use sandwich mount brackets or get a different jackplate. The brackets are not jackplate specific persay they are more boat make and model specific then jackplate specific. meaning Atlas doesnt use one bracket and slidemaster a different one. the same boat year make and model will use the same sidemount bracket no matter if it is the same inch atlas or slidemaster or other. However as I said you can not sidemount to the CMC due to your large sidebolts and slots.
    OK that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lsufan334 View Post
    OK that makes sense. Thanks for the info.
    happy to quote you a price on a pole package when your ready!

5. Member
    Kevin is great to work with he will help you out stand up guy

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowater2shallow View Post
    Kevin is great to work with he will help you out stand up guy