Damaged Power Pole while fishing

I have two poles on the back of my boat, one Pro II and one Xl. Today while fishing I put my poles down to hold my boat on a 4' rock pile in heavy wind/waves. When I went to pull my poles up the Pro II came but the XL did not. I tried everything I could to get it up but no luck, I was forced to limp my boat back to the ramp with a power pole half down. After pulling my boat out I discovered my hydraulic piston was extremely bent (not allowing the shaft to return into the cylinder). Has anyone heard of this? I have now owned 3 power poles and this is the first major issue I've had.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassh_nter View Post
    I have two poles on the back of my boat, one Pro II and one Xl. Today while fishing I put my poles down to hold my boat on a 4' rock pile in heavy wind/waves. When I went to pull my poles up the Pro II came but the XL did not. I tried everything I could to get it up but no luck, I was forced to limp my boat back to the ramp with a power pole half down. After pulling my boat out I discovered my hydraulic piston was extremely bent (not allowing the shaft to return into the cylinder). Has anyone heard of this? I have now owned 3 power poles and this is the first major issue I've had.
    cant say as I have heard of enough force to cause a piston to bend on a pole. however you can get a replacement piston and simply bolt it in. Power Pole will be more then happy to get you back up and running , give them a call when they open Monday.

3. Member
    Thanks K&Kustomz! I spoke with Power Pole yesterday, they mentioned that either the lines were installed backwards (messing with the pressure relief). Or the boat was backed up really fast with the poles down. I know i didn't do that, so the lines must be plumbed backwards? Anyway, PowerPole offered to next day ship me a new cylinder for half price. I can't complain.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassh_nter View Post
    Thanks K&Kustomz! I spoke with Power Pole yesterday, they mentioned that either the lines were installed backwards (messing with the pressure relief). Or the boat was backed up really fast with the poles down. I know i didn't do that, so the lines must be plumbed backwards? Anyway, PowerPole offered to next day ship me a new cylinder for half price. I can't complain.
    once again Power Pole at there finest.

5. Member
    Don't feel too bad. I ripped one of mine off yesterday! It somehow got stuck under the railing on the dock walkway as I left. PP made me a similar deal on another bracket even though it was my F-up! That's why I don't mind paying for a set on every boat I get.
    Troll lightly and carry a big flippin stick!!!