Advise & info from BassCat please

BASG267IHI02 03 COUGAR

I bought this Boat about about 3 years ago from Robert Lee
    I have cleaned it up pretty well including most of the glass damage, overall I am very pleased with this rig and a new 250XS may be added to the back soon.
    I find it amazing that I can only find 2 very small stress cracks in this boat, Most people would never find them.

First could you explain why the 285 hp max rating, seems odd to me, Being that close I would rather just go with a 300

Most importantly, which lower unit would be the best for this rig

Your prop recommendations for a starter, I have a 26 Fury 3 that has been reworked by Ronnie and will sending a 25 to prep very soon

Do you have any advice that I should know in preparation to make this change

I would expect the new 250 would push that rig close 80 in good conditions, what is your opinion. I kind of like the ideas of cruising at 70

I would think the present jack plate would work well for this motor, Still has the original one

At my age I just can not justify the price of a new cat or the increased property taxes involved
    Last edited by lpugh; 06-30-2018 at 10:19 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

In the 2003 pre and just post era, they only had extremely large 300 engines and the 300X that has no business on bass boats. They didn’t run as well as the 260. Original Jaguar models were 245 HP for that same reason. Today’s 300 engines came along in 2005 and 2006.

Best Case is the Torquemaster Case as the boat won’t run into the speeds for other cases.

Is there any way to get a 300 sticker that would allow for the new v-8 motors
    Thank You Leon Pugh

You will have to call to see. We don’t know if that is possible.