Thread: Lincoln Ala.

USA Lincoln Ala.

We be helping a friend move to Lincoln.
    Thinking maybe bring my boat
    Were would be the best place to fish?

2. Dogfish_Jones
    Riverside, Lakeside Marina on the Pell City side. Clear Creek if you want near the lower dam. Poor House is a good spot about halfway on the lower section, these are on the Talladega side. Be warned...… this lake is terrible for pleasure crafts on the weekend. You can fish to maybe 10 am then it is almost unbearable to fight the pontoon and jet skis.

3. Member
    go up river from I20

4. Dogfish_Jones
    If they are not pulling water, going up river is not going to help out on catching anything. You may catch a wild and crazy fish just needing to be caught but with no water flow, up river is just a waste of throwing a lure.
    If the dam at Neely Henry is open then the upper part of the river is good, I have been there on both type days, either it is stagnant or you can catch fish off the main channel.

5. Member
    I would suggest stay in the upper end or go all the way down, whoever said its "terrible for pleasure crafts" is an understatement. Its absolutely miserable in the lake part. Also, don't get your hopes up for any big largemouth but you can run into some places and catch 40-50 but they are mostly 12 inchers. 3lb is a trophy, but definitely a very pretty place and fun to catch numbers on.

6. Dogfish_Jones
    I have caught enough 12" spots on this lake to fill another lake full. Where are those 3+ pound bass at????? Best fish I have caught on Logan Martin is 5.9 pounds and that was during the springtime.
    You can catch good many fish using a shakey head or flipping a jig around docks, but they will be a smaller size.

7. Member
    Drive to Gadsden & fish Neely

8. Dogfish_Jones
    Oh, I just throw my money away when I have to fish Neely Henry in our tournamnet trail. I fish it just to keep the points but I have the worse luck there. I like the lake but I guess the fish there don't like me.
    I have told everyone if I catch a fish on that lake it was a pure mistake on my part.

9. Dogfish_Jones
    I ventured out on Logan Martin yesterday, and It was a wild ride trying to get way up the river toward the Neely Henry dam. From the mid section to aroud 1 mile above the I-20 bridge it was just trying to dodge every type cross wave from what seemed like 1000 pontoon boats, 500 jet skis ad 25 Wake Boats. Top speed was around 30 mph..thats if you did hit some smooth water, those were short spurts to.
    Once you got about 2 miles past the !-20 bridge heading north it go smooth enough to run a smooth ride. Just a few pontoon boats then.
    My suggestion is wait until mid week and fish Logan Martin, you will not have to feel like you have been beaten and just finished a 12 round boxing match the next day.
    I cant wait until October when you pretty much can fish this lake without having to fight the waves and tremendous amount of boats going past you all day long. I am liking the winter fishing much better than the summer fishing now. From October through March you can have some good fishing days here on this lake. You have to deal with the lake pull down of water but that in itself is a good thing if you know where the humps are.

10. Member
    I got on some good fish the other day on the lower end before the armada arrived. Once the water got rough, the shallow bite died for me. It's bad over there even during the week at times.

11. Dogfish_Jones
    I tried the lower end Friday. I took a day of vacation and got on the water just after the sun came up. It wasn't too bad until around 11 a.m., then I had to deal with a pack of jet ski's buzzing all around. I moved out from the Dam and went into Clear Creek, but they soon followed me in there to do their jumps, circles and fly bye's.
    I went mid lake until the pontoons invaded and swept me aside...…….. I went home to take a nap, much easier on my body.