Thread: Fuel problem?

Fuel problem?

I have a Suzuki 175 that i am having problems with. I just got it and it will crank and run when i shoot starting fluid in but it dies shortly after. It seems like it is not getting fuel but the bulb is tight. Any help? Thanks for your time.
    A generous man will prosper; He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25

Have you replaced the fuel filters?
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

No, I have not. I am going to go outside a little later this evening when it cools down and look into it. I appreciate all the help y’all give, i am very much a novice
    A generous man will prosper; He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25

4. Member
    Do you know if the previous owner of your boat has replaced the fuel lines? After awhile, the liner inside of the fuel lines will break down and wreak havoc on your fuel filter and everything else.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    Do you know if the previous owner of your boat has replaced the fuel lines? After awhile, the liner inside of the fuel lines will break down and wreak havoc on your fuel filter and everything else.
    Definitely. The ethanol in fuels today can ruin fuel lines that were made in the past. Very good suggestion, booter.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

I will replac them. Is it best to run non-ethanol? I was wondering about that. Also, what is the best oil/ gas ratio for my motor?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    I will replac them. Is it best to run non-ethanol? I was wondering about that. Also, what is the best oil/ gas ratio for my motor?
    If I remember correctly, doesn't the DT series motor have an oil tank mounted on the motor and it mixes the fuel automatically? I had a '99 DT200 and that was case and not sure if yours is the same or not. In regards to fuel, it's okay to run fuel with ethanol in it, just be sure to treat it if you are not using it much between outings.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Is your Suzuki 175 a two stroke?
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X