Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Panoptix Livescope not recognized!

I receive my Garmin panoptix livescope a couple days ago and after install cannot get 93sv plus to recognize device. All I get is "Transducer is disconnected. Power down and check for transducer connection to enable sonar." Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
    2009 Ranger 520C
    Evinrude E-Tec 250hp
    All Garmin
    Minn kota ultrex

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Do you ha e the latest update on your unit? Does the LS box have power?
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Yes I downloaded the latest update on my new 93sv Plus.
    The orange power light is on on the ls box
    2009 Ranger 520C
    Evinrude E-Tec 250hp
    All Garmin
    Minn kota ultrex

4. Member
    I was wondering if the power light should be green...
    2009 Ranger 520C
    Evinrude E-Tec 250hp
    All Garmin
    Minn kota ultrex

5. Member
    The light shold be steady blinking green. How the red blinks is an error code. I don't know what the codes are but customer service does. Watch for how many fast blinks. I think that just a steady red blink means your connection is bad, but I'm not sure of that.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    If it’s not blinking green you have a problem. I highly recommend that you check connections on both back of graph and box. If you 100% positive they are screwed correctly, look at arrow on plug to line up, turn turn your master switch boat power off for about a minute, turn it back on and power up graph. I’m speaking from experience!

Here are the blink codes:

Livescope blink codes.JPG
    Garmin Pro Team

8. Member
    I have unplugged and replugged everything a dozen times. As soon as I plug the power cord into the black box, the light comes on red, then turns orange and stays on continuously. It sounds like the light on the unit should be off until I power on the head unit.
    2009 Ranger 520C
    Evinrude E-Tec 250hp
    All Garmin
    Minn kota ultrex

9. Member
    I would take the latest software release or your unit, even if you already installed it and reinstall it. The latest release for the Plus is 7.00. The latest software for the LiveScope is contained within this download. It shoud update it too. Then if there are still problems you need to call support.
    800-800-1020
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

10. Member
    Going to try to reinstall updates....
    2009 Ranger 520C
    Evinrude E-Tec 250hp
    All Garmin
    Minn kota ultrex

11. Member
    Just an update, I've been on the phone with Garmin several times over the last few days at first they thought I needed to redo my software Update so they overnighted me a SD card with the update on it. After update was installed still no sign of Panoptix on home screen. They are now sending a communication cable to make sure it is good, but they think the problem is in my black livescope box. The boxes are 5 weeks on backorder. I asked them to send me another 93sv plus to try, but they said that it can not be the problem. Should the homescreen on my 93sv have a panoptix icon?
    2009 Ranger 520C
    Evinrude E-Tec 250hp
    All Garmin
    Minn kota ultrex

12. Member
    It would if the box was communicating with it but if not, it would not have the panoptix icon.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

13. Member
    Ok
    2009 Ranger 520C
    Evinrude E-Tec 250hp
    All Garmin
    Minn kota ultrex

14. Member
    Just to make sure I have these connections correct. The 93sv should have the short Panoptix adapter cable plugged into the ethernet cable, then into the black ethernet connection on the black box.
    2009 Ranger 520C
    Evinrude E-Tec 250hp
    All Garmin
    Minn kota ultrex

15. Member
    Very little chance, if any, that you have this connected wrong. The box has a round ethernet port. You have a cable that both ends are round and either end can be plugged into the black box. The short adapter cable adapts the round connector on the other end to an RJ45 type connector to plug into you 93sv. There may be a way to connect this up wrong but I can't imagine it.

16. Member

Thumbs Up Panoptix

Quote Originally Posted by Firehots View Post
    I receive my Garmin panoptix livescope a couple days ago and after install cannot get 93sv plus to recognize device. All I get is "Transducer is disconnected. Power down and check for transducer connection to enable sonar." Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
    I had the same trouble with my 93sv plus on regular sonar and side and down imaging. It finally got to where nothing but panoptix would work. Called Garmin, they replaced every thing. Works great now. Even covered labor by my boat dealer to replace it. Love it.

17. Member
    Bad connection at the head
    Last edited by everestsdad; 07-27-2018 at 03:04 PM.

18. Member
    I had same problem. Garmin replaced whole unit and dealer labor. Works great now,

19. Member
    I got the red light to blink once each time. Called Garmin they determined my module was defective. I send it back two weeks ago, the told me 3 weeks back order. Still patiently waiting.

20. Member
    Ok, my turn. I just installed my panoptix licescope. I have the blinking green light, panoptix icon on my screen and a message saying no transducer detected?? It’s to late to call Garmin tonight so I’m hoping someone has already dealt with this??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast