Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I am real curious to see how this 175 Pro XS runs compared to the normal v6 200.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    175 ProXS Fourstroke. Would be a Done deal- happy camper.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman View Post
    What do you mean by better gear ratio? Lower numerical is going to have a slower holeshot, you will just have to turn a higher pitch prop with a higher numerical gear ratio to run the same top end speed.
    Super late reply, but higher gears (lower numeric) are better in this case because you'll be turning the propshaft at a higher RPM at WOT, and use less pitch to get there. With low gears (high numeric) you have to use a higher pitch prop to keep it from over revving, which is less efficient, and hurts your hole shot.

4. Member
    I sure hope you guys are right about the 175 4 stroke Pro XS as I have one at a dealership in a crate waiting to be put on a boat I have ordered. I am super excited about getting it for sure and thanks for all the good, positive feedback.

I love my 175 Pro XS!
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

6. Member
    Happy to hear you love your 175 4 stroke pro SX. Mine's getting installed in a few weeks. I was wondering getting a Fury. Is the 23 pitch going to 6000 rpms? What speed are you getting?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12