Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    before you call dual pro, get the date and serial # off of the power cord, if its less than 3 tears they will make it good
    Oh yeah, ^^^^^^ What he said.

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Oh yeah, ^^^^^^ What he said.
    except for the tears just get tears when installing it
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    I wait for the trolling motor banks to turn green and the cranking battery is still red. Even leaving it hooked up for two days it doesn’t turn green. Tried cycling it several times and the same thing happens. My X2 battery died and I think it may have caused a problem. It was at 8.5 volts when I noticed the red light being on. Disconnected the battery and put it on a separate charger for 24 hours. Voltage dropped to 6. Took it to Batteries and Bulbs and they said the battery was bad. Charger is acting the same way with a brand new, fully charged, battery.

Boat was purchased new 12/16. Thanks for the info Everyone. I’ll check the date and serial number when I get home, before making any calls.

4. Member
    Update: You can’t always believe your volt meter when checking fuses. Mine both checked fine with a meter. Swapped cables around, from 3 to 4, and the cranking battery charged fine. Problem followed the fuses. Replaced the fuses today and everything is working fine. Both fuses still check fine, so I threw them both away. I was a senior electrician in a chemical plant for 12 years. Not sure I’ve ever had a fuse check good, but not work. Lesson learned. Mgfan58

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    glad its working,
    thats pretty strange cause if you were to go pull one of the fuses you should get 1 blinking LED, but anyway strange things happen,
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    Last year or so I had a fuse that checked fine with a multi meter, both ohms and volts. But after the fuse had been 'working' for a bit it warmed up and the wire moved and no power thru it. Took a bit, but I found the problem.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

7. Member
    I saw the red green blinking with the fuse pulled. Mine would just stay solid red after blinking green for a while. Just happy it’s working.

8. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgfan58 View Post
    I saw the red green blinking with the fuse pulled. Mine would just stay solid red after blinking green for a while. Just happy it’s working.

9. Member
    Just wanted to jack the thread real fast. Will the chergers work on an AGM battery? I need a new cranking and wanted to get the x2 power AGM.

10. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laflur6 View Post
    Just wanted to jack the thread real fast. Will the chergers work on an AGM battery? I need a new cranking and wanted to get the x2 power AGM.
    yes the dual pro will work great on agm , I run a X2 and called dual pro to verify
    info@drewcraft.com

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    yes the dual pro will work great on agm , I run a X2 and called dual pro to verify
    Perfect. I just picked up an X2 10 min. ago!

12. Member
    Sorry I hadn’t updated this. I found the problem. It was a fuse, that checked fine with a meter, but died when power was applied. I’ve never seen that before and I did industrial electrical for 12 years and home handyman stuff for an additional 30. Fuse didn’t look blown and had full continuity when put on a Fluke meter. People kept saying to check the fuse and I did, repeatedly. It checked good right up until the time I crushed it and threw it away. I felt like an idiot. Lesson learned.

13. Member
    I will never run an onboarding charger because of this

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgfan58 View Post
    Sorry I hadn’t updated this. I found the problem. It was a fuse, that checked fine with a meter, but died when power was applied. I’ve never seen that before and I did industrial electrical for 12 years and home handyman stuff for an additional 30. Fuse didn’t look blown and had full continuity when put on a Fluke meter. People kept saying to check the fuse and I did, repeatedly. It checked good right up until the time I crushed it and threw it away. I felt like an idiot. Lesson learned.
    Yup, had a fuse do that once. When it heated up from juice the filamate would seperate. When it cooled down it would make contact and test good. Took a while to figure it out.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12