Trailering pontoons

Thinking about getting a 18' Sun Tracker,
    Are the trailers built so you can trailer up and down highway or interstate with no problems.
    Thanks

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 200721i View Post
    Thinking about getting a 18' Sun Tracker,
    Are the trailers built so you can trailer up and down highway or interstate with no problems.
    Thanks
    I’ve had a Sun Tracker since ‘10. First one had a single axle trailer. Drove all over. Took from Chattanooga to Charlotte. New one has double axle and has been from Augusta to Chattanooga and back again. Love the boat and trailers.
    Only reason I got the new trailer is because I traded in the old boat for the ‘18 Sun Tracker 20 Fishin Barge.

3. Member
    The ones with the pontoons in the bunks are. Towed multiple thousands of miles with a single axle at expressway speeds. No issues. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

4. Banned
    Pontoons have the aerodynamics of.a brick. And the longer pontoons have forces pulling at both ends. Pontoons do tow like they are 1000 lbs. heavier than they actually are. But with the proper tow vehicle, you can tow them acceptably. If the boat is 22 ft. or longer, go with tandem axles--preferably with surge brakes.

I just put my 24' tritoon in the water today after maintenance. With a 3/4 ton diesel, I hardly know it is behind me.