Striker 9sv plus. Gps settings

Hello new to forum. Have a question regarding striker 9sv plus unit. I have read plenty of the transducer issue. As far new vs older with apparent TRUE down image. I will be using this unit along side another unit. I will be using the striker sv for side imaging only. My question is can I turn off the gps function all together on this unit? I have another unit that will be used for gps. Thanks for any input. ALSO any opinions on the stock transducer for strictly side imaging? It seems the complaints come from the down imaging on the stock transducer. Thanks.

2. Member

I have the striker +9sv and the +7sv on my tin boat with the stock cv52hwtm and I’m very pleased with the down imaging I keep them on default and I can see the brush, stumps, humps and fish when crappie fishing. As for your GPS question I’m not sure I would email Garmin. I do fish freshwater <30’.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Thank you for the reply! Did not answer my question but still good to hear from someone.. The reason I ask the above question is my plan for the striker 9sv is strictly sonar as I have a bird(helix 10) that will be used for all navigation/waypoints/mapping. Thanks again for the reply

4. Member
    There is not a setting to turn the GPS off. IMO the side imaging on the CV transducers is the same as the side imaging on the corresponding GT transducers, i.e. CV52 vs GT52.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    There is not a setting to turn the GPS off. IMO the side imaging on the CV transducers is the same as the side imaging on the corresponding GT transducers, i.e. CV52 vs GT52.
    thanks LWINCHESTER2