Thread: 595 vs 919

595 vs 919

Hello everyone. I am looking to buy a new boat soon. I am in between the Blazer and the Phoenix. Size for size it woukd be the 595 and 919. Give me you honest and unbiased information and opinions please. Btw, I'm going to put this on the Phoenix forum also. Thanks

2. Member
    The biggest differance is the 8K more the Phoenix costs .The Phoenix may be slightly larger at the troll motor but the back deck on the Blazer may be slightly larger .The 595 & 695 are wider than all previous models and the rough water ride will be very close .The Blazer will be a 2 or 3 mph faster.If the 919 has storage under the seats it would have more storage than the Blazer.Both are great boats.You will just have to ride in both & pick the best boat fot you.If you want what I would consider the biggest 19 foot boat look at the Bass Cat Caracal but it would be the most expensive.

3. Member
    I changed from blazer to Phoenix and both have their better areas but for me handling in curves and sharp turns is high on my list and the blazer shines there. I will have another blazer but that's just me....you ride in both and decide which one is better for you is my suggestion

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John7595 View Post
    I changed from blazer to Phoenix and both have their better areas but for me handling in curves and sharp turns is high on my list and the blazer shines there. I will have another blazer but that's just me....you ride in both and decide which one is better for you is my suggestion
    So besides storage what does the Bird have over the blazer? Also which rides better in the rougher water?

5. Member
    I don't think the bird rides any better in rough water but in Louisiana I don't see much rough water. The blazer hands down out handles it by far. I really cant say one thing that my Phoenix does better than my blazer did besides "resale"

6. Member
    Don't get me wrong Phoenix is a fine boat but there are things I myself prefer about a blazer that you might not prefer. #1 handling #2 two separate livewells I like one big divided livewell had fish die in bird

7. Member
    I fish tournaments out a Phoenix 919 for the past year or so. I had my mind made up that I was buying one of those no questions. Until they jumped the pricing up over $7,000.00 from last year. I started looking into Blazer when a buddy got one. Just took it out last night for the first time. I had my doubts when I drove out of state to purchase one. But as soon as I hit the foot pedal with the Evinrude 225 G2 H.O. I was just shocked. I have never driven a boat with such mid range power or the hole shot is just crazy. And just like John7595 stated his #1 handling I was skeptical that there would be that much of a difference, was I ever wrong. I have owned quite a few boats and I have never had a boat like this turn on a dime and not blow out or slide out. I still have a few things to tweak but for the first drive I am honestly more happy than I thought I would be. Only thing you can do is test drive both and see what fits your pocket book and taste in boats.
    Lee Setser
    2022 Blazer 625
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS 12 Lives
    Lowrance Active Target

8. Member
    The 919 didn't go up $7k over last year not even close. May have been the dealer you got the number from.

9. Member
    What size rods can you fit in the boxes and do you have storage room for net, jackets, safety gear, etc?

10. Member
    I have a 595 and my longest rod is 7' 11" and I can make it fit in the bottom of rod storage. Hard to get in, but it fits. All of my other rods are 6' 6" to 7' 6". I also have plenty of storage for all of my tackle life jackets, nets. I purchased two tackle storage systems online one holds 5 plano storage boxes. I have another one that hangs 18 soft plastics from storage compartment lid. I have 3 other soft tackle bags stored in front storage compartment.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limitout View Post
    The 919 didn't go up $7k over last year not even close. May have been the dealer you got the number from.
    Well I checked with two dealers that I have dealt with and they were very close to each other in price. And from what I was quoted last year to this was in fact that much more.
    Lee Setser
    2022 Blazer 625
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS 12 Lives
    Lowrance Active Target

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee X19 View Post
    I fish tournaments out a Phoenix 919 for the past year or so. I had my mind made up that I was buying one of those no questions. Until they jumped the pricing up over $7,000.00 from last year. I started looking into Blazer when a buddy got one. Just took it out last night for the first time. I had my doubts when I drove out of state to purchase one. But as soon as I hit the foot pedal with the Evinrude 225 G2 H.O. I was just shocked. I have never driven a boat with such mid range power or the hole shot is just crazy. And just like John7595 stated his #1 handling I was skeptical that there would be that much of a difference, was I ever wrong. I have owned quite a few boats and I have never had a boat like this turn on a dime and not blow out or slide out. I still have a few things to tweak but for the first drive I am honestly more happy than I thought I would be. Only thing you can do is test drive both and see what fits your pocket book and taste in boats.
    I see you are in MO. Have you taken yours out on LOZ? How did it do in the rough water? Also when you say a $7k difference is that between the Blazer and Phoenix or 2 different years of 919s?

13. Member
    It may not be a 7K difference loaded equally. Just have to call dealers near you and get a quote. Each dealer may quote a little differently depending on their demand.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye45b View Post
    I see you are in MO. Have you taken yours out on LOZ? How did it do in the rough water? Also when you say a $7k difference is that between the Blazer and Phoenix or 2 different years of 919s?
    Yes I have had the boat out. I have not been on LOZ yet. But I do not fish there much in the summer with all the bog boats out. Been in some 2-3 waves and boat handled great with the 4 blade prop that came on it. I have no complaints about the boat and I am happy with the purchase. Would like to run a 3 blade and see how it preforms sometime soon.
    Lee Setser
    2022 Blazer 625
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS 12 Lives
    Lowrance Active Target