Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Long Shot: Help Wanted

I know this is a stretch... Can anyone help add to these All Brass BB3's or BB2's? I would greatly appreciate it! I will buy or trade for the ones I need.

BB3: Standard Bill Collection

BB3: Wedgebill Collection

BB2's: Standard and Wedgebills

I'd be fishing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lund1625 View Post
    I'd be fishing them.
    You could be fishing a $500 bait... But I have a whole different stash for fishing. One of my favorite squarebill baits.

4. Member
    Awesome stuff Dustin!

itty bitty's fer what catchig minnows? then again, each year goes by, pay more get less..those could be $15.99 each

6. Member
    Very nice. I'll check and see if I can add but I think you've got all the ones I do.

7. Member
    At one time a friend of mine had most of the wedge bill colors in all 3 sizes and and a most of the colors in the BB1, 2, 3 and 4s. Sold them several years ago when they were really hot. Nice collection Dustin.

Amazing collection. Yes there are some good one's in there.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Moore View Post
    At one time a friend of mine had most of the wedge bill colors in all 3 sizes and and a most of the colors in the BB1, 2, 3 and 4s. Sold them several years ago when they were really hot. Nice collection Dustin.
    I sure would like to know where they all went Donnie... Between the Facebook groups, NFLCC, and Pigeon Forge Winterfest (one of the best Bagley's showings of the year) I am the only BB3 collector in the mix. Some of the toughest baits have went to the NE to never be seen again but Craig doesn't actively collect them.

Quote Originally Posted by wtrwsel View Post
    Amazing collection. Yes there are some good one's in there.
    Thank you sir! There are some real good ones in here... I have added some all foil baits that are not pictured. Foiled baits that are all brass are really, REALLY tough

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WIR3D 2 FISH View Post
    I sure would like to know where they all went Donnie... Between the Facebook groups, NFLCC, and Pigeon Forge Winterfest (one of the best Bagley's showings of the year) I am the only BB3 collector in the mix. Some of the toughest baits have went to the NE to never be seen again but Craig doesn't actively collect them.
    Dustin he sold those baits in the 90s on the auction site when the old brass harness square bills were hot. Lots of fisherman back then were buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Moore View Post
    Dustin he sold those baits in the 90s on the auction site when the old brass harness square bills were hot. Lots of fisherman back then were buying them.

I gotcha. That's part of the trouble with collecting a bait that was such a good fish catcher. I have been willing to settle for any condition of bait to hold a spot until I could hopefully find an upgrade.

13. Swap & Sell Moderator mrbasser's Avatar
    Some of the toughest baits have went to the NE to never be seen again but Craig doesn't actively collect them.
    He scored every one of my super tough Bagleys bitd when I was ebaying - Johnny only beat him once in bidding through that time and it was on a very tough Jumping Mullet - JM3R - it was actually marked as such with a heart on belly! In RHY color of course but only one known @ that time that was marked as a rattler.
    Karma is real... DON'T BE A D!CK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrbasser View Post
    He scored every one of my super tough Bagleys bitd when I was ebaying - Johnny only beat him once in bidding through that time and it was on a very tough Jumping Mullet - JM3R - it was actually marked as such with a heart on belly! In RHY color of course but only one known @ that time that was marked as a rattler.
    Craig is the largest collector in the world... He will pay to play and that's what it takes if you want to build a collection like he has. I would like to see it.... But as much pickin as you do, surely you can me one?! There were a bunch of bagley's in MO!

15. Swap & Sell Moderator mrbasser's Avatar
    Craig is the largest collector in the world... He will pay to play and that's what it takes if you want to build a collection like he has. I would like to see it.... But as much pickin as you do, surely you can me one?! There were a bunch of bagley's in MO!
    Of course! Be in touch when I find something up your alley D - holler if there's anything else you're looking for.

And no kidding on his collection... dude has some beyond rare Bags for sure.
    Karma is real... DON'T BE A D!CK!!!

16. Member
    question, as someone that doesn't know a whole lot about collecting, what is the difference between reg bill and wedge bill? also some of the baits I have look to have a brass hook hanger on the front and a silver hook hanger on the back hook. thanks for the info. lastly, I have a few BB4 baits, are they worth anything?

17. Member
    You could be fishing a $500 bait... But I have a whole different stash for fishing. One of my favorite squarebill baits.
    What color in these baits bring that type of money?

Quote Originally Posted by bassnut1 View Post
    question, as someone that doesn't know a whole lot about collecting, what is the difference between reg bill and wedge bill? also some of the baits I have look to have a brass hook hanger on the front and a silver hook hanger on the back hook. thanks for the info. lastly, I have a few BB4 baits, are they worth anything?
    The wedge bill was introduced in 1977 (and only made for a year) as a new prototype and in hopes of eliminating bill breakage. If you look closely as where the bill is inserted into the body of the bait you can tell the difference. A regular bill is all the same size/dimensions where a wedge bill is shaped like a wedge. It's wider where its inserted in the bait than the end of the bill. Plus all wedge bill baits are marked with the word "Bagley's" on the bill where as the regular bill baits are not marked.

Baits that have brass hangers at the nose and/or the belly but have a screw rear hanger are called transitional baits in the collecting world. There was an era where baits were being fazed out of the brass through construction in favor of a reinforced bill/steel construction.

BB4's can be worth some big money as well. With Bagley's- COLOR IS KING! Feel free to pm me and I will look at any pictures you have. I will give my honest opinion on value.

Quote Originally Posted by sll View Post
    What color in these baits bring that type of money?
    It's all about the color! There is one in particular balsa b that just sold this week for $1800... A Bi-Centennial bait is as tough as it gets. 13 known to exist in the world.

I have 3 in my BB3 collection that cost $500 ea and 3 in my BB2's that cost that as well. If you know the color code of the baits, OTP, ORG, 702, OWB, H69T (all brass baits only) are the ones I speak of. There are several others that are in that price range. Feel free to PM me as well if you have some that you want my opinion on.

20. Member
    I have sent a lure or 2 or 3 to Craig as well. Does anyone know if/when his book will be out? I was thinking it was supposed to be out a year or 2 ago. Did his little accident set him back? I would really like to have a book or website with better photos than Garland's. Plus with there being variations within a particular color it can be difficult at best at times to determine the proper color at times. Or am I the only one.
    Last edited by preacher ed; 07-20-2018 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Forgot about the rules!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast