Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Joe4d
    Then lift it off the trailer,,, geesh.
    You need to get what Hammby said in writing with install directions, take boat to a glass shop, get estimate for repair then do that leg work first THEN hire an attorney and file a lawsuit. A business has a legal responsiblity to do a somewhat professional job, and are liable if they screw it up.

2. Member
    Lawyer up.

3. Banned
    Oddly enough I got a call at the end of the day from the lady who is the face of the business. She ended up refunding my money. I guess everybody lost on this deal....

4. Joe4d
    There refunding your money because its probably alot cheaper than repairing your boat,,, Bet the check has something on it stating if u cash it , you are letting them off the hook. Think Id find another shop and get an estimate on repair and replacement before taking anything

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    There refunding your money because its probably alot cheaper than repairing your boat,,, Bet the check has something on it stating if u cash it , you are letting them off the hook. Think Id find another shop and get an estimate on repair and replacement before taking anything
    No doubt it would be a lot cheaper. Im not gonna make any more of this with them. I would probably be out another $600 or so to get it removed and another one installed (with Hambys providing the strip), not something I would consider getting a lawyer over. Im gonna run the boat for a bit and see how it does, hopefully it won't give any issues and if it does ill get it fixed after it starts failing.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by psj706 View Post
    No doubt it would be a lot cheaper. Im not gonna make any more of this with them. I would probably be out another $600 or so to get it removed and another one installed (with Hambys providing the strip), not something I would consider getting a lawyer over. Im gonna run the boat for a bit and see how it does, hopefully it won't give any issues and if it does ill get it fixed after it starts failing.
    Better get it done right now not later. I'd be willing to bet all it would take is a lawyer sending them a letter and I bet it will be fixed. You dont have a cheap boat dont let someone screw you over. Also who is the dealer so we all know what type of business they doing

Get a lawyer involved over a hamby's...That will come out less expensive for sure...

8. Member
    Best keel guard adhesive remover 3M adhesive eraser wheel only thing that worked quickly.
    Last edited by Flickershad; 07-14-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12