Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sales Tax on Entry Fees

I just got an email from FLW informing me that beginning July 1, 2018 the state of Kentucky will be charging 6% sales tax on tournament entry fees. That would be about $3000 in sales tax for an average BFL on Ky lake.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Banned
    Will that be for every BFL in every state or only Kentucky?

3. Banned
    Wtf??!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Will that be for every BFL in every state or only Kentucky?
    Ky only, ok at Paris,,,,,,,RT

5. Member
    Wonder why we didn't hear about this until it was passed?
    '06 Procraft 205 Pro Mercury 225 Optimax

6. Member
    They didn't want you to know until it was done.

7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    i don’t even live in Kentucky anymore and I’ve known it was coming since April. No secret about it.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

8. Member
    I would be surprised if it wasn't discussed on BBC. Maybe it was and I just missed it.
    '06 Procraft 205 Pro Mercury 225 Optimax

I would like to see FLW move all of their Ky and Barkley tournaments to TN, but I know they want to keep the money with the Marshall County businesses. The FLW tour event would have generated approximately $50000 in sales tax.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

10. Member
    Many service sectors are now getting the tax, including the auto/tire service that work on blown tires, bent rims and busted trailers that we get from driving on pothole infested highways.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    I would like to see FLW move all of their Ky and Barkley tournaments to TN, but I know they want to keep the money with the Marshall County businesses. The FLW tour event would have generated approximately $50000 in sales tax.
    I would like to sit at each ramp on Kentucky soil at both lakes on a holiday weekend and watch all the IN boats launch and load.
    "If you only have men that will come when there is a good road, do not send them. I want men who will come when there is no road at all."

they keep that crap up, may have to sell property have in Murray Ky lolo.. bad thing is un seen, inheritance

13. Banned
    Current goober has got to go!!!!! Never met a tax he didn't like, he is a joke.

14. Member
    Why is it always the fishermen? First the ramp fee then the tournament ramp fee and now taxes. That is awesome.

15. Member
    I wish they would spend some of that money and fix the ramps!

16. Member
    Really doesn’t bother me after thinking about it. If the money is used to make our state better then I am all for it. $100 entry fee would only add $6.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigman78 View Post
    Why is it always the fishermen? First the ramp fee then the tournament ramp fee and now taxes. That is awesome.
    It's everybody. Before, any "service" was sales tax exempt. That is no longer the case. You're going to start paying sales tax on things like a haircut, all labor (like a on car repair), events (concerts etc.), any activity (putt putt golf, bowling, etc.), and so on.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillymac View Post
    I wish they would spend some of that money and fix the ramps!
    Good luck with that! All the money from the new sales tax is going straight to the state. KDFWR does not receive any general tax funds dollars, so they won't be getting anything extra off of this deal.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Current goober has got to go!!!!! Never met a tax he didn't like, he is a joke.
    What's your solution then? The State of Kentucky is broke due to the pension and failures of previous administations. The new tax hike is a result of trying to correct the matter. With the recent pension changes being thrown out, we're back to square one...all these teachers and state employees with a pension and no money to fund it. The problem isn't the current governor, the problem is the failure of previous governors who did nothing about the problem...had any previous governors stepped up they would have been labeled as bad guys just as you have labeled the current governor. I will not fault a guy for actually doing his job.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    I just got an email from FLW informing me that beginning July 1, 2018 the state of Kentucky will be charging 6% sales tax on tournament entry fees. That would be about $3000 in sales tax for an average BFL on Ky lake.
    That should make the teachers happy!

Will it cause people to not fish the BFLs due to the extra $8 or $15 added to the entry fee?

That will be some big money on the bigger entry fee events like the Elite and Costa events!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast