Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I had solid mounts on my 3.0 liter mercury and Pantera Classic combo for years with no negative affects. I know its a totally different combo but the solid mounts will most likely not cause any issues.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

The mounts on the new V8 motor are the same mounts as a Verado and they run the heck out of that larger engine in salt water. We are not concerned about the Pro XS mounts.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shapfromla View Post
    I had solid mounts on my 3.0 liter mercury and Pantera Classic combo for years with no negative affects. I know its a totally different combo but the solid mounts will most likely not cause any issues.
    Appreciate the real world feedback, I know yours wasn't stock.
    Last edited by Wheelman; 08-08-2018 at 08:58 PM.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The mounts on the new V8 motor are the same mounts as a Verado and they run the heck out of that larger engine in salt water. We are not concerned about the Pro XS mounts.
    According to Mercury the Verado mounts are softer than the Pro XS mounts and the Racing outboard lowers are solid. My understanding is the early 250hp pro XS 2-stroke upper mounts were replaced with more rigid 250XS racing mounts from breaking running at the elevated engine heights that bass boats do in rough water at higher speeds. Compared to the saltwater boats that run slower and with lower units deeper in the water, though the Sea Pro models use different mounts like the Pro XS for some reason. Evinrude makes pontoon series outboards with softer mounts, so minimal vibration is transferred. Like everything there's a compromise in smoothness, durability and performance. Basscat is the boat that does that best as it's the best all around in rough water/speed, so looking for an outboard to compliment it.
    https://www.boats.com/reviews/new-me...ards-revealed/

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman View Post
    Appreciate the real world feedback, I know yours wasn't stock.
    No it was not. LOL. I had a busted mount and figured I'd upgrade to the solid mounts for better control. Between the old mounts, tilt helm slack, worn steering bushings and a severely worn skeg, that old thing took a little to control as it got older.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12