Thread: Salsa Recipe

Salsa Recipe

So I LOVE salsa from Mexican restaurants. Not that Tumbleweed crap but the salsa from restaurants where the waitress can hardly speak English.

Its always really finely chopped and seems to have a pretty tangy taste which I prefer. It also doesn't seem to be canned and my bet is its made fresh. Ive tried to duplicate it and have done okay but haven't been able to really match.

Anyone out there have a recipe they like to use ???

2. Member
    Finely dice tomato, onion, jalapeño. Use GOOD tomatoes. I like finely chopped garlic in mine. Salt, pepper, fresh squeezed lime juice. Cilantro if you like it, some people don't.

This makes a good chunky salsa. If you want the "Pace" style that's like tomato sauce run it through a food processor.

3. Member
    try serrano chili's with jalapeno as well. Fresh onion is key too and i prefer either yellow or red.

4. T Dub
    I tried all different kinds of recipes with roasted tomatoes and all that crap until an owner of a local Mexican restaurant laughed at me and told me his salsa was made from large cans of del monte tomatoes. I can make a decent salsa now that I know that.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    I tried all different kinds of recipes with roasted tomatoes and all that crap until an owner of a local Mexican restaurant laughed at me and told me his salsa was made from large cans of del monte tomatoes. I can make a decent salsa now that I know that.
    Interesting.. I like that idea as it would make things easier.

Ive also tried roasting everything. Heck I smoked the veggies one time prior to processing. That produced a very unique salsa.

6. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Interesting.. I like that idea as it would make things easier.

Ive also tried roasting everything. Heck I smoked the veggies one time prior to processing. That produced a very unique salsa.
    This is what I’ve been using

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    This is what I’ve been using

Heck I didn't even know they had a "Mexican" version. Gonna give that a try

Thanks for the heads up.